35 pwk jetting kind of weird.

I have a 421 cub it was running pretty decent before but now not so much, after flotek porting and new pistons.  I know 35 are a lot small for my motor but it's what it came with.

cpi inframe

sea level

humid as fuck

c12

36-1 klotz

main is 160

pilot 48

needle dek

slide 4.5

clip 2

it falls off on top end and plug is a bit gray which means lean, and it loads up at idel any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

shawn

Seems like a lot of timing for one thing, I think most people are running closer to around +5 with 421 cubs, that's what I was told to run when I had mine built and if needed I could go up 1 or 2 . But maybe I am wrong and that's what yours needs. 35's are not to small, they will work fine if set up correct. I am using CEL needle's on my 421 cub on the 4th position down. I don't know anything about the dek needle though. Are you sure that's what needles you have?

35s are fine I've seen 38s on them before. I would go with a cel needle. Dek is prob the needle that came with the carbs. How much was the port? You should of sent the cylinders to one of the site sponsors on here for some real good porting. I would highly recommend cam at redline racing. Also did you adjust your flywheel/stator pickup gap?

Yeah it's a dek needle, I was doing some search on it. usually the slide is a 6 but mine is a 4.5. It all came like that.  Yes I had it ported by flotek and I like it so, your childish opinion doesn't matter to me. I came on here to ask for adult advice.  It ran me 250 and turn around time was a week, great guy and has answered pretty much all my questions. Yes, I called around and I didn't wanna wait a month and pay 500.   I'll just go up on the Main two sizes and down one size on the pilot and see where that takes me. Thanks to the adult responses.

If he had all the answers you wouldst be here asking these kinds of questions.

What he said. I don't have anything for or against your porting guy, but why couldnt he set it up correctly for you? A good motor guy should be able to set you up almost exactly where you need to be. Your comeback about the childish responses sounds like you know deep down that you paid 250 for a bogus "drag port" and are a little pissy because you don't wanna admit it.

Flowtek is a stand up guy.It just seems that sometimes builders are chosen by popularity contests.Half of these so called banshee experts were nowhere to be found in the lates 80s or early 90s.Having a porting program doesnt make a tuner a good builder.A porting tool and a 12pk anybody can build a high rpm screamer.Every other month somebody is raving about someones new pipes or tuning on the forums blah blah.theres no banshee acc redited institution for performance,everybody learned from trial and error be it banshee zilla 250r etc..sorry for ranting...lol