what head do i have?

yea that sounds rich.

trinity is like cancer for these bikes......they "have a good rep" ( :Crybaby: ) because kids these days see expensive marketing photos and think that since the company can pay for it that they must be bringin in good money, so in turn they MUST know their stuff.

Realistically Trinity is known for SHIT parts and SHIT setups on the banshee's.  Don't believe me? ask around.  Id sell that thing or chuck it in the can and grab up a Noss or Pro-design head in a second.  Not to mention the Noss and Pro-design all use the same parts (O-rings AND domes) where as the trinity one requires their expensive domes and their expensive O-rings........which are WAY less common to get your hands on.

quad came from 6000 feet i live at 3300

I'm from Las Vegas & have raced our quad numerous times at Kingman. I'm familiar with the altitude/weather tuning. 

Its a trinity head.

If u have stock needles id say 27.5-30 pilot 310-320 main clip in the middle on the needle and 1.5 turn out on the air screw... jmo

This is some good advice coming from someone who knows.

im not sure what your asking. the heads say stage 4 on them. ok so ipulled of one carb and its got a 380 main in it. would too much gas make it stumble as well

I would start with JWR recommendation in the above quote. 380 is way too much main & I bet you will end up around a 300.

yea that sounds rich.

trinity is like cancer for these bikes......they "have a good rep" ( :Crybaby: ) because kids these days see expensive marketing photos and think that since the company can pay for it that they must be bringin in good money, so in turn they MUST know their stuff.

Realistically Trinity is known for SHIT parts and SHIT setups on the banshee's.  Don't believe me? ask around.  Id sell that thing or chuck it in the can and grab up a Noss or Pro-design head in a second.  Not to mention the Noss and Pro-design all use the same parts (O-rings AND domes) where as the trinity one requires their expensive domes and their expensive O-rings........which are WAY less common to get your hands on.

Your Trinity head is fine for that motor & works very well on other's also. You have it, so use it. IMO I would find out what CC domes you have.

We ran that head on a 7mm gas cub & it would run circles around 95% or more of the people bashing on Trinity products.

I would start by doing a leak down and compression test. That will let you know what kind of condition the engine is in. It will also keep you from chasing your tail if you have a air leak. Do a search if you don't know how. As a side note phat head racing makes individual heads for the banshee.

how can you have vforce replacement reeds for stock cages?

there is a photo on my page. it has a aluminum looking cage. the guy gave me a bunch of extra parts when i bought the quad and it had reeds in a yamaha bag that said v force repolacement reeds.

I'm from Las Vegas & have raced our quad numerous times at Kingman. I'm familiar with the altitude/weather tuning. 

This is some good advice coming from someone who knows.

I would start with JWR recommendation in the above quote. 380 is way too much main & I bet you will end up around a 300.

Your Trinity head is fine for that motor & works very well on other's also. You have it, so use it. IMO I would find out what CC domes you have.

We ran that head on a 7mm gas cub & it would run circles around 95% or more of the people bashing on Trinity products.

thanks for the imput ill start rumaging through the bag of parts i gopt to see what jets were thrown in. i appreciate the info and help.it helps to have someone whos somewhat local with temp and elevation

If you get extra cash i agree with swapping out the head, i just replaced all the o-rings in my noss performance head for $23 o-ring kit right from noss and that was price shipped right to my door. And it was so easy a caveman could do it.

But if you have no problems with your current trinity head run it til it breaks or causes issues.

Have you done a compression test yet? You might be getting a little detonation if you aren't feeding it enough octane.

Side note: there is nothing wrong with that Trinity head. Most of their parts are just blingy gimmicks, but their Head, pipes, and clutch cover stuff is pretty stout. The head uses propriatary domes so that is the only down fall. However their dome set up is really stout! It will not move and I had one on my old big bore motor and it was the only "o ring" head that would seal up and not leak after a few hours. Just don't let trinity set up the domes, porting, or tuning...... That is their downfall.

i was wondering about the octane myself. the guy i bought it from would run a mix  but said i didnt have to. im not sure if anyone in my town sells higher than 91. i asked the atv shop and no one knew of any places. it runs great up until wot. powerband kicks in good just when i give it full throttle it starts to break up

i finally had a day off and looked at my needle. the clip is on the lowest position on the needle. could that be why its breaking up on the top end. also there isnt a screw or anything to release the needlefrom the line. only a plate cvering the needle. i can pull it up but its still attatched to the cable