X box one

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see the big deal about this.  they are focussing on TV.  wtf!!!  its a game console.  everything they showed is nothing new really,  can do all that on my apple tv and mac. I dunno was really disappointed.  Im a xbox guy but I think ill be getting the PS4.

I agree and disagree. Hope this topic gets more hits.

I think its a nice looking set up, I'm not a big gamer but I'm going to buy it.

....and from a marketing standpoint thats exactly why they made it this way. Easiest way to make millions. They wanted to widen their demographic to appeal to everyone, not just gamers. Its kind of silly, but they'll make a killing because of its features geared towards non-gamers, TV-watchers, social media bums, etc...

I dont see the big deal about this.  they are focussing on TV.  wtf!!!  its a game console.  everything they showed is nothing new really,  can do all that on my apple tv and mac. I dunno was really disappointed.  Im a xbox guy but I think ill be getting the PS4.

Im with you on this one.  Seems as though their focus has severely shifted from gaming, but that was most likely the intended evolution of it all. Think about all the apps and shit on your xbox now(hulu, netflix, IE, facebook, live player....). It was bound to happen. This basically just replaced your apple TV AND Mac in 1 unit(almost). I too, am disappointed with the way they geared this and look forward to seeing more graphics and processing capabilities, as that'll be what sways me to keep purchasing from microsoft.

I've got both ps3 and 360, I've found the 360 to be a better system to me. I had the disc drive break on it but other than that the system is great.

I've found the ps3 to get worse, they never really add much to the system apart from that stupid secret program that won't let you play copied DVDs. And I've just had the file system corrupt which meant I had to do a full reset and go through downloading everything again.

As for the pre owned games the developers are the ones who want that out of the way, for the last 2 or so years some have been adding online codes to try and put people off buying used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Xbox have back tracked on the pre owned games and permanent Internet connection.

Of course. They were poised to loose more money with people leaving the platform than they were going to gain by taxing used game sales. Maybe they will sneak that feature back in with a required system update.

Edited by jbooker82

Of course. They were poised to loose more money with people leaving the platform than they were going to gain by taxing used game sales. Maybe they will sneak that feature back in with a required system update.

I don't think they'd sneak it in, as people would sell the systems and they'd be back at square one as publishers wouldn't be able to sell games. The Xbox one would dissapear as fast as the old Xbox hd drive. Sony were bad for updates, they inserted software limiting use of non licensed DVDs.

Sony are being sneaky though, as they are releasing a type of kinect system like the Xbox. They're selling it separately, but from what I've seen it may play a big part of the ps4.

The thing is.. Once you purchase this it makes it more expensive the the Xbox one which has a kinect built in. It's a good sneaky sales tactic.