bbdr dirt drags

srp

. It's hard for me to even post about what happen, but have you ever been to this track? I highly doubt it, the track is a very well run track. Theres always an ambulance on site and people care about one another at the track. Every time someone goes down there's a pile of people that run to the downed rider. How can you call it a dump track? It was a freak accident. The track has been open for 28 years. How many tracks stay open that long?

never been there, and would never make a pass down it but there are videos of it.

when theres a wreck anywhere, track or dunes people always run to help.

what is the track 40ft wide total? two 20ft lanes that touch with nothing in between them.

old tires down both sides acting as gaurd rails with telephone poles immedatley behind the tires on the left lane. the right lane has the tires then double stacked cement k-rails with spectators hanging over them. imo 2-3ft old tires high followed by phone poles then a 4x4 fence with metal fence 6ft behind that is just asking for trouble.

i called it a dump because it reminds me of the dump i take scarp metal to, the isles are about as wide as the lanes you race down.

shut down looks short for a 500ft track, why i imagine they require front brakes.

this is a horrible thing that happened, but i cant believe any insuance agency would cover that place.

unfortunately,  you cannot make ATV racing any safer than it already is without doing away with it completely...

The fuck you can't. Did you not read my post?

There are MANY safety devices that can and will help in a wreck.

They may not save everyone, but they would be a good start.

The fuck you can't. Did you not read my post?

There are MANY safety devices that can and will help in a wreck.

They may not save everyone, but they would be a good start.

yes, i said SAFETY GEAR..  so if someone has boots, helmet, chest protector, good gloves, neck brace, etc on, and still has an accident and passes away ..  how can you make it safer ?

That's the dumbest thing I've read today.

It's like getting into an accident without a seatbelt. You still have a chance of dying, but it's been shown to reduce the risk. The more safety gear the better the odds of getting away with your life

like i said..  besides safety gear..  how can you make the sport safer? my point is ..  you CANNOT without taking it away completely ....  anways ..  congrats Brad !

yes, i said SAFETY GEAR..  so if someone has boots, helmet, chest protector, good gloves, neck brace, etc on, and still has an accident and passes away ..  how can you make it safer ?

You're a grade A moron.

What do you think the percentage of sand drag racers is that wears all that shit, Mr. Genius?

Does anyone have any pictures of this track? That news story said he hit a light pole. What the FUCK are light poles doing close enough to a track that an ejected rider could hit one?

Take a look at banshee332's sig pic and you can see the tires stacked in front of the poles.  I cant see how the fuck that is a good idea.  there needs to be a much larger buffer zone.  those poles should be moved way the fuck back.

like i said..  besides safety gear..  how can you make the sport safer? my point is ..  you CANNOT without taking it away completely ....  anways ..  congrats Brad !

You're a grade A moron.

What do you think the percentage of sand drag racers is that wears all that shit, Mr. Genius?

A grade A moron is giving him too much credit!

I've noticed the dirt/sand side of drag racing is lacking in a bunch of safety areas. The rider protection is part of it, but not all.

The ATVs organizations need to take a harder look on what other successful motorsports are doing for safety. While you can't prevent all accidents from happening, there's always room for constant improvement of safety rules. NHRA & NASCAR does this very well along with other organizations.

If you take the ignorant mentality of one. Rider protection is the only area for safety, then the next step if you cannot make the sport safer. You do away with the sport, LOL!; "you CANNOT without taking it away completely...." Crawl back into your cave & stay there Neanderthal.

I will give an example that could/may of helped in this situation. Both NHRA & NASCAR have guidelines for track safety: like barrier construction, shut down lengths, lane specs & the list goes on.

Next is age minimums, there needs to be standards set for speed/ET. Maybe this child was on a quad that was or wasn't appropriate for his age. NHRA has standards for their JR. Dragster classes for kids.

Then there's is actually ATV safety standards that should be in place & checked at every race. I'll give an example: A guy was bragging about have a kill lanyard, but it was not even hooked up. Sounds kind of like some peoples brain on safety. They have one, but it's not hooked up!

These are just a few areas & I'm sure Green will elaborate also.

^^^ you can't be fucking serious. That is what you guys race on!?! FUCK THAT SHIT... the tires aren't even set up strategically, they're just dumped there. What a fucking shit hole. I also see where the tires stop at about 150ft out in the left lane. You know... where the bikes actually start building speed?

You wouldn't catch me even spectating at a place like that. I hope they get shut down.

• Like 1