2 Stroke Vs 4 Stroke

2 stroke vs 4 stroke what do u like better and y?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For all out power and fun factor I definatley like my two stroke better. We spend most of our time in the little sahara sand dunes. But I have got to ride my brother-in-laws yamaha 450 and it is by far the most fun ive had on a four stroke. It feels much closer to the two stroke type power. For ease of riding and just to go out for a quick ride I would probably take the 450. But to go race up Sand mountain or climb the face and fingers of Sand Mountain the 450 just cant keep up with my two stroke. I think the downfall to my two stroke is that its a bitch to start. Banshees start much easier than my bike does but once started its well worth it. I plan to get a 450 but I will not get rid of my 2 stroke.

P.S. I have a 1985 Suzuki lt250 quad frame with a 85 Honda Cr500r engine installed. that motor is hell to start but damn fast once its running

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

4stroke V Force 700. Modded of course. Why, because ive never rode a banshee yet LOL. On a modded 700 the torque is mos def there as well as a hard pull through mid to the top. It could use a little more though. I think the top end is around 80 when modded with an 800 kit and other mods. Im curious, whats the top end on a highly modded shee? Ive heard it to be in the 100's. Any truth? I would think 90's maybe but like i said, ive never rode one..stock or modded.

Edited by t3ch_n9ne

THE SMELL-i wish they made that as a colonge, or sumthing. i live for that smell! i luv the powerband of a 2 stroke. i imagine when they kill us off, ill be on a 4 choke, but ill still have my shee. u cant beat a shee in the dunes. actually i luv mine for trails more than my bros raptor or 440ex. but the blaster handled better- :lol: its all good though. for rocks and muddin. i just park me shee. its so usless for that stuff. my g/f likes the mud, i cant do much in it, not compared to what she likes to do. 4 chokes, just seem to waste 2 strokes, y waste it? y not use them to make 2x's the power? what a dumb concept. :lol:

SHEES FOREVER!

peace out

altho im getting the thumper i prefer the 2-stroke, especially the shee! its the adrenelin rush of the power band, the wing-a-ding of the engine, the smell from the exhausts and the speed! :drool: 2-strokes!

2 Stroke definately. I have the only Banshee around all my friends have 4 strokes(400EX's,Raptors....) a couple two strokes (Blaster and Scrambler 400, both dissapoint me) I wouldn't trade for any of them. I ride trails and love the Banshee for it I credit it to the -2 swingarm though. I also ride mud, hills, sand bars, jumping and would only switch to my parents Sportsman 500 H.O. for the really deep mud I wouldn't want to choose a different two wheel drive than my Banshee. If I get on any of the others I feel uncomfortable. The 4 strokes do wheelie well but I can pull my front up when the 400EX is wide open. I would also say I cover more ground faster wheelieing the Banshee, I haven't gotten good at slow one's yet. I let my friend(400EX owner) ride my Banshee and I'll never forget the look on his face when he took off his helmet he honestly looked like he had seen a ghost and appeared a little shaken, no joke, and he's a balls to the walls good rider on his 400EX. I'll never sell the Banshee as long as I am able to ride it. I'd like to try a YFZ450 though. Oh also my Banshee is an 87 stock bore last rebuild in 95 or 96, bought it last year had 123 psi in both cylinders now I have put on 50+ hours and I'm down to 120 even in both, I ride really hard too sorry to say for my Banshee's sake. The rebuild is on the way but I think with proper maintenance and good oil they will last a long time.