Passion Racing Engines

ken b

4 months waiting on a part? what part takes 4 months to show up?

535 PV is a Cheetah correct? Doesn't Trinity own all the rights to the Cheetah? If that's the case then all parts come from Trinity right? Could be the reason for a long wait.

Jim is about the only dude I've done business with. He rushed my cub through a few years back. Got me ready to go for the first HQ ride. I've bought parts from him and had failures. He helped me out and got me going again when he probably didnt have to. Sometimes he is a pain to get ahold of. The trick is to find which form of communication he's into at that time. Phone, email, PM, whatever. He'll get back to you eventually. That just seems to be the way he rolls. Does some good quality work though in my experience.

REDLINE RACING FTW.....and no delays.

Shit mine got dropped off in august and i got it back in march.  towards the end i started getting frustrated, but it was worth the wait.  My thoughts were if i bugged him to much, he would cut corners to get it done.

A friend contacted me about this post and felt I should reply to it.

First and foremost, Ken, I deeply apologize about the wait time on your engine. I also apologize about returned emails etc., for I have just been overwhelmed with phone calls and builds this season. It is by far the busiest season I've had in 15 years, although this fact has nothing to do with the turn-around time on this particular build.

What is truely pathetic, is that the crankshaft that was supplied with your 535 kit that you purchased from another source, was fitted with Chinese rods that would not hold up to the level of power of that kit in its purchased form, not to mention to the level of tune you contracted me to modify it to.

The good news is that supposedly the rods I've been waiting on for your build have been released off of backorder...I should be recieving them soon and then I can wrap this build up.

If it is any concelation, I will give you these rods for free for your inconvenience and suffering. Your kit supplier should have done the same thing as soon as it was pointed out to them.

Rest assure, your 535 will be a dominant force to be delt with....that is a certainty.

To any of my other customers that are still waiting on their builds, I appolgize for the wait as well, it will be worth the wait.

I do not do wham-bam "here ya' go " engine builds. I dont pump out loads of work for instant cash satisfaction... there are multitudes of builders that can satisfy that nich in the market. If your looking for 2 week turn-arounds, some version of Wham-Bam Inc.is always available to supply you with that level of mediocrity. That fact in itself is why I'm so overloaded...if you want the real deal, I will be happy to build it for you.

I thank everyone for their support over the years...Jim Smart

• Like 1