Bowls running out of fuel?

So I just rebuilt my top end with FAST dune ported cylinders and a cool head 20cc domes and now when I keep the throttle pinned through the gears, it acts like its running out of fuel when I get into 6th gear. Its got stock carbs. Would this be a float level problem or could it be loading up? It is rich right now. Im running 330 mains but im about to try 310s and do a plug chop.

you forgot to gut out your gas cap didn't you?  flip the cap over and take the 3 screws out and rip the roll over valve out so that you can see through the hole.  With the roll over valve in place it can limit the amount of fuel flow which can do exactly what your seeing.....lack of fuel.

you forgot to gut out your gas cap didn't you?  flip the cap over and take the 3 screws out and rip the roll over valve out so that you can see through the hole.  With the roll over valve in place it can limit the amount of fuel flow which can do exactly what your seeing.....lack of fuel.

I was thinking that. I jave a aftermarket billet cap with a check valve. I took the check valve off but still did it. I may drill it out more and see what happens.

I run a FAST ported play/dune port with 20cc domes, fmf fatties, k&n pods, +4 timing, vf2 reeds, and bored over stock carbs......and a stock fuel valve and gutted cap and have no problem with fuel starvation.  However I also never hold it wide open running in 6th gear....never have like the idea of doing that on quads or on sleds....

That is a long hard pull on a motor. Make sure you have your float level set right but I dont know anyone that tries to do over 1/4 mile on stock carbs. Dont do that. Lol

Ive been doing that on dirtbikes for 20 years and never had a problem. It was way under a 1\4 mile. My quad tops out at 75mph. I wasnt close to redline when it happens. I got a banshee cause I like haulin ass. If I wanted to put put, I would've bought a

Warrior.

How do you check float level, just adjust them till they start to overflow then back it off slightly? Or is there a measurement?

Thats one way to do it. I blow into the fuel line and push the float up until it shuts off the air flow. When the float is about level with the carb body or a tad toward the top when the valve shuts off, thats where I set it. It's easier to see whats going on with float level with power jets though. If you wanted to see where the level is without taking the carb off, you can probably hook up a line to the drain valve on the bowl, then raise the end of the line up higher than the carb. The height in the line will be where it is in the bowl.