Gotta shine the T5's...

tdod101

Got some t5's not to bad a shape but need some work. They're pretty rough around the bellows here it connects to the exhaust port of the engine. Not so much rust just a brown roughness....what can I use to get these looking like new ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in az and finally decided to chrome my cpis , they were black before , and for them to strip the old ones and re chrome . I'm paying a lil less than 200.

Wow, that's not bad compared to the prices I've got of 4 to 500 bucks.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in az and finally decided to chrome my cpis , they were black before , and for them to strip the old ones and re chrome . I'm paying a lil less than 200.

Who did you use?? I'm in AZ to and want to re chrome my pipes?

You can use a medium buffing wheel or even a spiral sewn wheel with brown cake to tear all that junk off the pipes. Be careful with the spiral sewn wheels though as they are aggressive. Then use a fine wheel with white tripoli cake. Finish it with a fine wheel and red rouge. Clean the rouge off and use a good sealer.

You can use a medium buffing wheel or even a spiral sewn wheel with brown cake to tear all that junk off the pipes. Be careful with the spiral sewn wheels though as they are aggressive. Then use a fine wheel with white tripoli cake. Finish it with a fine wheel and red rouge. Clean the rouge off and use a good sealer.

Thanks man i am going to try that

Quick hand shine with Master Formula to get an insane shine then use their sealer. It's like red lotion. You wipe it over the surface till it looks like its been dipped in slime. Then let it haze up. Once the haze is dry, use a nice soft towel, rag, microfiber, etc. to wipe it off.