What pipes do you run on your 421 Serval?

Would like mine to come on the powerband sooner. Anything to try other than pipes?

I've got OG Rockets, I would guess they are more of a big bore pipe, but don't know for sure.

Just watched a Troy KS hill climb video, I'd have to run that in first gear, from that short of a start.

I really think you will be fine in 2nd gear with 15/41 gearing. I ran the hill last year in 2nd with 15/41 gearing and had no issues with staying on the pipe and that first hill is not really much different than before. Is your override tranny at a stock gear ratio?

All but positive a stock gear inside, I dropped to a front 14 and still had problems at the dunes. REALLY had to keep the RPM's way up to get on the pipe to climb a hill in second. Just saying, from a slow start at the bottom and shifting to second, it would lug to the top and not hit the powerband.

Would like mine to come on the powerband sooner. Anything to try other than pipes?

I've got OG Rockets, I would guess they are more of a big bore pipe, but don't know for sure.

Just watched a Troy KS hill climb video, I'd have to run that in first gear, from that short of a start.

OG Rockets are a small bore pipe.

I doubt you find a pipe that comes on sooner than those that will still let the motor rev.

RJD's bike is a good runner.

All you need to do is some gearing swapping and you're set.

Ideally, you want to start in 2nd. You can't compare the dunes and paddles. They put more of a load on the motor than the dirt will.

Most any gas cub thats rich at all will be a doggy turd. I dont know how rich or lean yours is. I hate riding them if they are a few jets off or the needle is 2 clips rich. They will just suck. At 160 with CEL needles in the middle could it be rich at all?

I also have been running 22" ambush tires at the hill climbs and launching in 2nd. 160 main jet I think a 48 pilot in it and mid clip on the needle right now and it's running spot on. Dennis you should bring your bike over to my place this weekend and we can compare and play with them and have us a good ol' time