Snakehunt

Crazykane

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that shit! And there are guys running struts and wheelie bars on that mess?

Yea, there are some guys out there that do it. Extremely stupid.

Dont hate the guys who ride the rough stuff. Lol. I was the first HQ ride cartwheel champion. Loco can back me up there were 4 wrecks that day and one bent frame on a bike that didnt even wreck , the whoop jumping just bent the frame. Crazykane is a ridin mother effer. Lol.

Pogo sticks at LS = stupid.

I'm driving 11 hours for that!?!

You have suspension. No worries for you. I run my shit WOT and never even think about humps and bumps. My shit soaks it up.

It takes a certain kind of guy to ride with a wheelie bar on the dunes. They are usually streetbike motors but not always. Theres one about every big weekend.

Yea, it does. A stupid one.

quite a few came came extremely close ... one guy had his front end pretty much dragging sand, saw him kiss the handlebars once .

Even those Shaws you guys run are bad for LS. I won't even ride a bike with them. Risk of eating shit is too high.

I've never seen a drag bike without Marvin Shaws on it. We don't go out there planning on taking whoops or ramping. When it is like that we just drink and watch.

I mostly race on a river its smooth for as far as you want to go.

What rear shock are you running?

There is a huge misconception among people in thinking that your bike has to ride shitty in order to go fast.

Everyone thinks that you need Shaws or struts to be fast, but I have proven this to be entirely untrue.

Sure, at the strip you should be running rigid or Shaws. In the dunes is a different story.

My bike is fully suspended and weighs around 360 pounds but has no problems keeping up with the light weight, Shawed or strutted drag bikes in the dunes.

Suspension set up is important. Front shocks that absorb impact will help the bike stay straighter and go faster. A rear shock that is set up stiff to transfer power off the line can be just as effective as a Shaw if set up properly. On the big end where the Shawed bikes start bouncing around is where a suspended bike will really shine.

Fouledout's bike had the Shaw in the rear for the HQ ride and the Floats up front. I rode it and it is easily one of the fastest bikes that comes to the HQ rides. Even having the Floats on the front is superior in the rough stuff. I would put money on it performing the same or better with an actual rear shock, especially considering the way my bike runs with one.

I know that with a single arm set up shocks are not an option. I just wish people understood that you do not need a shitty riding bike to be fast.

Furthermore, the suspended bikes are safer. I have yet to see a suspended bike go end over end because they got caught in some rough shit.

One bike every HQ ride ends up getting wadded up and they always have Shaws.

yah, i use a worked over Hillshooter on the rear. Not a off the shelf comp like most use.  Took me a  while to get it setup the way I like but it works well.   I'm looking into other shock setups for the rear.  Which will include a linkage and a coil shock.  I watched Tyler bring mine down from 12 o'clock and probably used 10" of wheel travel!  lol

A bike that is a drag bike needs to be stiff in the rear. The front could be however you want it. A lot of the Banshee guys use R1 shocks now. Cheaper and stiff.

You will never see a single A arm bike taking bumps whoops or jumps. We build them for one reason.