KLOTZ?

marcusb

not sure if anyone is aware of this or not, but the r50 is not ment to be ran /mixed with alcohol or e85. when i did research on this about a year ago i heard klotz was going to change this on the label/spec sheet but i guess they never updated it or it really isnt good to mix with that stuff.any word on this guys???

Correct! Do not use with meth or you will be cleaning your carbs really quick after you start riding. My brother made that mistake about a yr ago. Love it with gas though!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct! Do not use with meth or you will be cleaning your carbs really quick after you start riding. My brother made that mistake about a yr ago. Love it with gas though!

Hm, we did a test with it and it seemed like it mixed great with methanol.  My buddy hates Klotz so he gave me 4 gallons of it mixed with R50...but after this I probably won't run it.

Does it just gum up on you?

Hm, we did a test with it and it seemed like it mixed great with methanol.  My buddy hates Klotz so he gave me 4 gallons of it mixed with R50...but after this I probably won't run it.

Does it just gum up on you?

Gums up like a mother fucker.

Just a little more to add...since I experienced this personally.

Use the same, methanol compatible oil with your purge fuel too...

I used to use R50 and gas for my pit bike @ 20:1 (Weed eater, etc., anything 2 stroke at my house) and obviously methanol and Benoil for my bike.

I purged with the R50 and gas...and didn't think anything of it.

Later in the week when I took my carbs apart, gummed up city.

Never made that mistake again.  You don't need to mix much R50 with alky to get it to gum up....

• 4 weeks later...

I run R-50 with 91 premium clear. Always try to stay away from the ethenol gas. My carbs stay very clean and I do like the smell. I use my extra gas in my weed whipper and I use it in my ice auger also. Nothing like ice fishing, running the auger and it smells like my banshee exhaust. Love that.

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a gallon of the R50,  hasn't come in yet though.  I too was torn on what klotz to get.  But since I will only be using 93 premium I opted for the R50.  I was using amsoil dominator, which I liked.  But last riding trip while fueling up, I asked a buddy to throw my oil back on the trailer.  retard didn't tighten the cap all the way down,  so dust/rain got in Im sure.  not risking using it, so I thought I would try the klotz too.

stupid question, but will it gum up with 110 octane race gas?  gonna be doing a 50/50 mix when I go to oregon in July.

I have been using techniplate for years mixed with gas for trail and methanol on drager. Just tore a motor down trail bike after 3 years and looked fresh.. replaced pistons a cylinders only needed a hone. They mic'd right where they were supposed to be.

I just bought a gallon of the R50,  hasn't come in yet though.  I too was torn on what klotz to get.  But since I will only be using 93 premium I opted for the R50.  I was using amsoil dominator, which I liked.  But last riding trip while fueling up, I asked a buddy to throw my oil back on the trailer.  retard didn't tighten the cap all the way down,  so dust/rain got in Im sure.  not risking using it, so I thought I would try the klotz too.

stupid question, but will it gum up with 110 octane race gas?  gonna be doing a 50/50 mix when I go to oregon in July.

r50 with 110 will be fine. i run r50 with sunoco 112

No it wont gum up because it is a Synthetic oil. Dajo's gum was caused by mixing it not mixing with the methanol left in his fuel system. R50 is not methanol compatible. R50 is a really good oil. It's flash point is 550 deg F, and viscosity of 18.20 cSt at 100 deg C.  Dominator has a flash point of 194 deg F and a viscosity of 7.5 cSt at 100 deg C.