What can I expect with this build......

J arm banshee

Hot Rods trued and welded +4 mill crank (didn't buy yet)

Vertex long rod pistons 64.50mm (In the mail)

Stock head shaved to...... I don't know yet I need opinion

Shift star mod (done)

Shift shaft will be getting roller bearings in the tranny

Shift shaft will also be opened up on the end near adjuster

Toomey T5's (have already)

Keihn Carbs, don't know what size but are better than stock (have already)

Boyesen reeds (have already, replacing petals and gaskets)

Ken O Connor trail port  (will be sending out soon)

Port matched Case ("      '')

Stock air box with cover off K&N filter with outerwear (have already)

Fresh clutch rebuild stiffer springs. (done)

I would like to advance the timing also but I think I better wait and see how she runs first. I need to replace my head, the right side took a hit when the rod bearing went.  I can get stock banshee heads without pitting for around 25 bucks. I'm thinking about getting 2 and having them milled at two different heights. What two would be ideal for 93 pump, and the other for race gas and 93 mix? I do all the building myself except the porting and boring of the cylinders. Any tips and does anybody on here have something similar to this build or know of someone with this setup?

Sounds like you ate putting good parts in it but I would tell you to call around to the site sponsors on here before you send your cylinders out to be ported. I had the same setup you are building on race gas ported by Redline and I was 74hp on the dyno. I would also say it is well worth the money to go with a cool head instead of cutting a stock one. You will be glad you spent the extra money if you do. Changing domes is much easier and chaper than changing heads and head gaskets. I would advance to timing to plus 4. I do have a used cool head I would sell if you decide you want to go that way.

J arm banshee

Hot Rods trued and welded +4 mill crank (didn't buy yet)

Vertex long rod pistons 64.50mm (In the mail)

Stock head shaved to...... I don't know yet I need opinion

Shift star mod (done)

Shift shaft will be getting roller bearings in the tranny

Shift shaft will also be opened up on the end near adjuster

Toomey T5's (have already)

Keihn Carbs, don't know what size but are better than stock (have already)

Boyesen reeds (have already, replacing petals and gaskets)

Ken O Connor trail port  (will be sending out soon)

Port matched Case ("      '')

Stock air box with cover off K&N filter with outerwear (have already)

Fresh clutch rebuild stiffer springs. (done)

I would like to advance the timing also but I think I better wait and see how she runs first. I need to replace my head, the right side took a hit when the rod bearing went.  I can get stock banshee heads without pitting for around 25 bucks. I'm thinking about getting 2 and having them milled at two different heights. What two would be ideal for 93 pump, and the other for race gas and 93 mix? I do all the building myself except the porting and boring of the cylinders. Any tips and does anybody on here have something similar to this build or know of someone with this setup?

The things in yellow concern me. Vertex pistons? WTF are those?

And please, use someone reputable in the world of Banshees to port your motor.

I did not know that Ken had a bad rap on this site. I ran into his videos online of his work and he seems to be a good guy to have working on anyones motor.  I didn't have them sent out yet. I've already bought a few things from FAST... which is a site sponsor. Would this be the guy to go through?

I did not know that Ken had a bad rap on this site. I ran into his videos online of his work and he seems to be a good guy to have working on anyones motor.  I didn't have them sent out yet. I've already bought a few things from FAST... which is a site sponsor. Would this be the guy to go through?

The build you listed would be lucky to hit 60HP.

Dome shape is more important that shaved heads or compression. It's a matched system. Do some more research, this site is full of great info.

REDLINE RACING FTW!!!  :clap: