gas mileage questions.

i had a few questions about my gas mileage on an 04 banshee. it seems to be doing terrible with sucking gas. driving to the end of my road and back its in between a quarter and half gallon of fuel its using. it has a 397 vitos sleeper kit with noss head and pro circuit pipes and silencers. unsure if jet sizes but i assume they are a proper size for the set up because it runs excellent. it is also around 35-40 degreez right now. so i was wondering if there is anything i can do to improve it any, and does the cold weather effect it? i know it makes it run leaner. and i need to pull cards and clean them. i know it wont do great anyways but anything i can do to help would be greatly appreciated. i just got it a couple weeks agonand dont know what its like in the warmer weather for fuel consumption. thanks in advance for info.

• Like 1

okay....doubt you did it purposely...but I cant STAND when people use z's on the end of a word to pluralize it. Degreez......what the fuck is that haha. 

But to answer your question, that's not that bad of fuel consumption for a banshee.  These are not 4 stroke motors.....we constantly spin our motors up to twice the revs of most 4 strokes.....and remember....we are running twin carbs. 

Also....YOU MUST REJET YOUR CARBS WHENEVER THE WEATHER DROPS.  These bikes take ALOT of maintenance and a lot of upkeep to keep them running strong, and hard.  Your bike might be running really "excellent" right now.......but realistically...it could be running lean and hurting itself everytime you ride it.  Remember...its 2 stroke nature to run stronger as you lean it out (and leaning it out can hurt it quick).

• Like 1

i know. i have only ridden it a couple times. i was told it was jetted to tun rich (but i dont kbow for sure) and i have been running 32:1. it smokes good. but again i dont know how lean its actually running inside the motor so im not riding it. just had to take my new toy for a couple spins. if i did want to ride it more is there anything i can do to it or just re-jet? honestly i dont know a ton about them yet but i know enough not to blow it up. i have done a lot of reading on the banshees and 2-strokes when i decided to buy this one. but i dont have a ton of hands on expirience. my cousin is a big 2 stroke guy so he has set me up alright.

and something else a little off topic. im about to start getting it ready for this seasons riding. what fluids should i be using? i plan on changing out crank case and coolant. and anything else i should look at? i do need to clean carbs as well.