WSM forged pistons, good or bad?

Pistons are only as good as the guy that clearances the cylinders ,I love the wsm forged race pistons,if your looking to squeeze every little bit of power and rev out of your machine they are a good choice,or buy wise is then have them lightened and windowed

WSM makes both cast and forged.  The Platinium series is cast from Taiwan.  Good for stock motors. 

I   submitted the design for the forged ones years ago to WSM who had them made by Wossner in Germany and imports them.  They are not the same as the standard Wossner banshee piston. They are custom for WSM.  

Lighter than Wiseco, NOS2 (teflon) coated. Rings, clips, & pin will interchange with wiseco as well. 

Those that have broken them are running too much piston to cylinder wall clearance.  Every broken one that I have inspected I measured the bore and piston and found that clearance has been the issue.  

Overall a great piston for recreation & full modified motors.

WSM makes both cast and forged. The Platinium series is cast from Taiwan. Good for stock motors.

I submitted the design for the forged ones years ago to WSM who had them made by Wossner in Germany and imports them. They are not the same as the standard Wossner banshee piston. They are custom for WSM.

Lighter than Wiseco, NOS2 (teflon) coated. Rings, clips, & pin will interchange with wiseco as well.

Those that have broken them are running too much piston to cylinder wall clearance. Every broken one that I have inspected I measured the bore and piston and found that clearance has been the issue.

Overall a great piston for recreation & full modified motors.

Good knowledge right there. If you don't mind me asking, what is the preferred clearance for WSM pistons? Also is their clearance much different for big bore pistons. I used to buy all my big bore pistons from you guys till that motor was ready for the scrap pile.

I recently called you about setting up a your girdle style head for my motor. I Havn't forgot about ya. Just have some issues to sort out on the bike first.

Does WSM also do blaster style pistons?

.003 to.0035 is where I set them at haven't had one break yet in about 20 motors,IMO they rev better than Wiseco And ring tension is much better its not like installing a sloppy wiseco,the weight difference is big ,I'm a dealer for wsm ,I know someone who works there they have a ton of shit for cheap