Pipe finishes

theputz

Hey Group,

I am looking to buy Shearers for my 421 Serval build. Thing is I want to do something different. I have no chrome on the bike and do not desire any. I want zero bling and looking for more of a sleeper looks (besides the +6 swingarm). Talking with my builder he doesnt like the sound of powder coating the pipes but wanted to hear your thoughts. I know R2's come in black. How are they coated? Does it hold up?

Thanks a bunch!

I looked into a buncha different options when I got a new set while back. How much are ya gonna beat on the bike? Is it gonna be a sand only "clean" bike or a ride the crap out of it mud bike? If ya spend the money on coating get the ultra high temp stuff. I think it needs to withstand somewhere in the 1200* range if u don't want them to discolor. If its gonna be a way clean bike high temp black spray bomb will hold up if prepped right and it doesn't get beat on.

i didn't read  all the posts

seriously  just cause its black dosent make it a sleeper..  a real sleeper  you cannot tell anything is done  and at the most  it has some shitty fmf's on it..... 

if you want different  go bare.  and keep them clean.   to me its a bad ass industrial look.  and black pipes to me just look cheap..

i didn't read  all the posts

seriously  just cause its black dosent make it a sleeper..  a real sleeper  you cannot tell anything is done  and at the most  it has some shitty fmf's on it..... 

if you want different  go bare.  and keep them clean.   to me its a bad ass industrial look.  and black pipes to me just look cheap..

Ditto. Black looks good on almost anything but it doesn't belong on exhaust pipes. The headers I have on my SBC are bare and I just rub them down with wd-40 when I put her up.

Do not ceramic coat the Shearers! I was about to nitro plate a set and called Mat about a raw set and had a short discussion about why I wanted them raw. He promptly explained that they should either be painted, chromed or raw. He mentioned a customer tried a set with jet hot coating and it was down 11 HP or so..... Some pipes it works, but Mat Shearer already has his pipe set up to move the heat the way it should. DO NOT CERAMIC COAT THEM.

Those are raw? Lol wut

Raw! I polish with real compound a couple times a year. I learned how to take raw steel and make it look like chrome back in high school metals and jewelry classes.

Check out this shit, it's my finishing product I use periodically

http://master-formula.com/