stock banshee to 85 horse

mike .b

my banshee is stock but i want somewhere around 80 to 90 horse yess i trail ride small jumps but what is the most amount of horse i can get out of a stock bore im willing to go to 110racing fuel race port and pipes and new carbs and reeds

what would you sugest i do to get to 80 horse or close to it on a stock bore

not trying to be an ass.....but do you have any experience on a 80-90hp bike?  They're a bigger bang than guys who have only ridden modified bikes should handle. Im not saying you cant handle it......im just saying that if you haven't handled a decently modified bike for some time you may not want to jump that far that fast.  Along with about $2500+ in motor work your also gonna need a swing arm, suspension and other supporting mods like a different clutch and a lockout. 

if your coming from a stock or just piped banshee......how about just doing the smaller supporting mods first.....+4 timing, some reeds, different air filters, a cool/noss head with different domes......all this stuff is gonna be needed to do a 80-90hp bike anyways.  and when the stuff I mentioned run out of fun......get the jugs ported.  afterwards you can always buy a different top end that wont take so much work and time to get you to the higher #'s.

Hell that's what im doing right now.....im running a fun ass trail motor and am slowly starting to build up a 421 serval......on another entire motor I bought (stock top end was blown) for $100.......then if I ever have a problem with the serval.....it takes me what....roughly an hour to swap motors and get back to riding?

4mm serval. pump fuel.

shutup.

Most of those are only hitting high 70's. LOL

The bigger issue isn't building 80-90 HP...

It's about tuning it. You can't go from owning a mostly stock bike that only requires fuel and oil, to an 80+ HP bike without also knowing how to keep it happy.

Anyone can own a cat....but if your going to buy a tiger, you better damn well know what your doing.

Let's put it this way.....If you can't tell us the size of your main and pilot jets, needle placement, compresion and squish measurement of your current motor......then your dreaming of a motor that's a little over your head.

Learning hard tuning lessons on a high dollar tiger motor can be costly lessons.

Learn on a kitten motor and build and tune it to run like a fast cat. (get what you have into the 60's first.)

• Like 1

Wow some of you guys have really offered up some quality info to this dude!!!

80HP out of a stock cylinder bike is not hard to get butthe question is why do you think you need 80? A good quality 4mill build will be in that 70 to 75HP range and is a hell of a fun bike to ride with load of torque. I rode a 4 mil stock cylinder for years and loved it. I now have a 421 cub that is 94HP and is still a bike I ride on the trails but it is much more of a handful and it is work riding it on the trails. I would call up a builder talk to them about the riding you want to do and see what they recommend you build.

haha this is true, but i think the 4mm serval cylinder is the perfect "one setup" to buy,  you can run it as is, have fun. then port for later on. if he really wants to end up with 80-90, its all in that cylinder and he wont have to buy more parts, besides gaskets and a port job, and still run pump fuel,( maybe not 90s but pretty dam close on pump !).

if you really wanna stay stock cylinder, 70-75hp 4mm stock cylinder is a fun bike.  

The bigger issue isn't building 80-90 HP...

It's about tuning it. You can't go from owning a mostly stock bike that only requires fuel and oil, to an 80+ HP bike without also knowing how to keep it happy.

Anyone can own a cat....but if your going to buy a tiger, you better damn well know what your doing.

Let's put it this way.....If you can't tell us the size of your main and pilot jets, needle placement, compresion and squish measurement of your current motor......then your dreaming of a motor that's a little over your head.

Learning hard tuning lessons on a high dollar tiger motor can be costly lessons.

Learn on a kitten motor and build and tune it to run like a fast cat. (get what you have into the 60's first.)

Yeah, what he said.

He said kitty motor..... Cubs are cheap to learn on.