What do you guys think?

Hey guys I been looking for a shee for awhile now and haven't found a nice one yet but I do alot of trail riding and one of my friends mechanics told me that I shouldn't get a banshee for that but he told me if I like 2 stokes get a 250r or if I go 4 stoke get a 450r but I had a raptor 700 for a week and sold it to boring for me, I rode my buddies 450r and it's snappy kinda like a 2 stroke but i had 01 banshee with toomey t5 and uni filter and a really good local mechanic and I never had a problem riding in trails but what do you guys say should I stick with a shee or just get a 250r I know it's wrong but atleast it's a 2 stoke but then should I get a 450r since there everywhere now indays a switch over th a 4 poke????

I'm thinking about getting a 250r but Im in love with a banshee powerband I'm really a yamaha guy when it comes to sport quads especially with banshees I miss my 01 banshee so much but don't get me wrong ima fan of Honda but in it's utility wise, I had a 05 rancher 350 with hmf pipe 26 inch vampires k&n filter, a handmade custom snorkel with snorkel air lines it was a boat/tank floated and went through anything and everywhere and i never ridden a 250r how are there powerbands and I know 450r do haul ass cause my buddie has a factory freak and stock it does 84mph...

If you are talking about a TRX450r, let me say that a YFZ450r will smoke the TRX if both are stock out of the box

Yep. I verified this back when they came out. The owner of the Honda dealership was talking shit to me in the store about how a 450r would walk on a YFZ. So I went and got my YFZ and we raced is the street. Two races was all it took for him to put it away. I stomped that thing easily.

Idk my buddies raced Modded yfz with bolt on and web cams and head work and spanked him and he has a bone stock 05 honda 450r he's also raced stock yfz450s and straight embarrassed them...

Don't judge the quality or performance of a quad based on how bad the guy riding it is. Im tellin you right now, with even skilled riders, that bolt on, Web cammed, worked over YFZ would rock a stock Honda 450r.

I have a 250r and I have owned a Trx450r. The 450 is ok, but I would rather have a 250r. They are more nimble and snappy.

Get a 250r and don't look back. The banshee is great in its own rights.

ESR is still developing new parts for te 250r so if you think you can find parts for a 27yr old machine don't worry.

Adam

I have a YFZ450 that I would like to set fire to. Pain in the ass sensitive POS.

You either have bad luck or you suck at maintaining shit.

I bought my YFZ brand new in February 2006. Since then it's had one piston put in it and had the valves checked once. I change the oil like twice a year. It still runs pretty good and I really beat on my shit.

I had a 02 raptor 660, 06yfz,08yfz, 00banshee, and my current 06banshee all in the past 6yrs. All were very enjoyable for trail riding! Cant go wrong with any if those yamaha products! But if i was strickly gonna trail ride id go with the yfz! Fun quad

• Like 1