Why is it always the builders fault?

Burt Reynolds

Why is it that almost everytime someone has an engine built,and it blows up in the first couple months,they always blame the builder.    I see threads all the time where people are saying "im going to call out the builder if he dont make it right." It seems like noone even considers that they might have just done something stupid.     

thanks,that is all.

My motor blew up after about 20hours on it after jeff ported it.  Guess what....it was MY fault. I hate seeing when people just jump the gun on shit....."my motor blew up and its my builders fault.....but I haven't even looked at my motor to see why it failed."  I mean fuck....its not THAT hard to look into what caused the problem with your motor.  Mine dropped a cylinder.....we towed me home.  I looked at the facts.....I had it opened up hard in 5th and hit a trench that went across the road from a dirt bike trail.  about a mile down the road she started runnin odd and dropped a cylinder.  Then I pulled the seat off......oh look the 2-1 air filter fell off one of my carbs.   So I looked at the facts.....I was pushing my bike hard, and I hit the bump and I dropped the hammer again after I hit the bump.  it was my fault I didn't stop to check my filter came off.....but to be honest......I was happy cause of how my new works shocks had soaked up the bump. 

So guess what.....I called Jeff and told him that I blew up my motor and that I figured out what happened....so i told him to look for my jugs in the mail.  He was bummed from talking to me that my motor popped.....but after all.....it was my fault. 

Then i called Matt.......ask him he probably remember.  He thought i was calling to say there was a problem after he rebuilt my works shocks.......I told him my motor was done for and I was still thanking him for how the shocks felt.  He said its VERY rare that he has customers let him know that the shocks work great.....he said usually the good people keep their mouth shut and the only ones who mouth up are the ones who have a bitch and think they deserve something.

• Like 2

Just like every other possum situation in this country, no one wants to take responsibility for their actions.

Blame someone else. The American way.

Fixed it. No, seriously... I thought you wrote that upon first glance... I had to reread it... Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD