WTF alky bogging really bad

badbanshee509

i finally took my bike out for the first run. i put alky in the gas tank and calmly rode through my 1-5 override tranny to  wormed up the bike, i lined it up in the road and reved it up to clear out the carbs a bit, when i took off at full throttle, it was sounding like the bike was bogging out really bad at top end, i changed my sparkplugs and CID box hoping that would fix the problem but it did the same thing, it sound as if it was loosing hella power at full throuttle, however when you take it easy and putt putt on the throttle the bike works perfect, it only dose it a full throttle. im running 35mm lectron carbs and my bike is a 65mm stock cylinder 4 mil crank, 1-5 override. what else can it be?

also is the black wire from the CID box sippose to be grounded to the chassis, or the black and white wire sippose to be grounded to the chassis?

timing is +7,  and i havent mess with the plug gap at all, it cant be to leas on top cause it still really smoky at full throttle. 

also if the black wire wasent groungded then the bike wouldnt start correct? cause aparently the bike is running but my mechanic said it could be because i dont have a ground going to the CDI box, but my bike is running, its just not running strong at top end some one said it could be due to my coil also. 

mechanic is saying the bike is loosing power  due to the electrical that because of me shortening up the bikes wire harness to make it a bit more cleaner, i doubt that...... all i did was delete the extender part of the harness and mount the CDI box under the gas tank. if anyone has a diagram of what wires i need grounded out of the harness other then the BLACK wire, please let me know. 

Sounds lean to me. Alky can be extremely rich and still run just fine. It could be something in the wiring but doubtful.

Do you have the powerjets all the way out?

Do you have a big vent hole in your tank?

Dual pingle?

Sounds like its not getting enough fuel on the top end at WOT, but has enough to sustain just average riding around.

Sounds lean to me. Alky can be extremely rich and still run just fine. It could be something in the wiring but doubtful.

Do you have the powerjets all the way out?

Do you have a big vent hole in your tank?

Dual pingle?

Sounds like its not getting enough fuel on the top end at WOT, but has enough to sustain just average riding around.

im running dual pingle, and the vent is fine, im going to tell him to tune the carbs a bit to see if it running to lean, like stated above, running a bit ritch wont cause this in alky, 

i dont mean a bit rich i mean way to rich, it can cause it. I ran into this yesterday, leaned it out enough and it began to clear up. Im not saying its your issue and its safer to treat it as a lean bog but if that doesnt fix it being fat could be a possibility.

yeah ill just have him play around with the carbs and see if that fixes the problem after we install a pancake barring in it cause i just welded the rod and ball this morning, i am hoping that tuning the carbs is the problem and i dont have to spend anymore money lol RITE!!!!!! 

Why didn't you check the plugs first?

honistly this is my first alky bike, and i really never had to check the plugs on my trail banshee, i dont  even know  what color to look for indicating rich or not, i know  when i pulled them out the first time trouble shooting after putting brand new plugs in, the didnt have no color to them after running it for like 20 mins, they still looked brand spankin new just with alky on them. i dont really know what that indicates honistly. it fired up on the first kick so i thought sparkplugs were good.

Your going from riding a bike that never needed any tuning to an alky bike?.....

You've never run alky and don't have plug checking and plug reading knowledge/experience?........

I see an epic melt down in the future.

Your going to have to park it and do alot of Research/ Reading till your at least 60% confident in the basics......then the real learning curve begins.