WTF alky bogging really bad

badbanshee509

You need to do a plug chop...Look it up online, you will find some tips for sure.

You may be rich or lean, its hard to say unless you do a plug chop. Lean and Rich conditions can actually act very similar in a lot of ways, so be careful.

Good luck..Windy is right, you need to do a lot of studying before you tackle this one, because it doesn't sound like your builder has tuned the carbs properly.

i know i need to learn a lot with this alky bike and that why i ask questions on here so you guys can shine a little light on the situation, i just ordered my pancake barring due to me burning my rod and ball the other day so once i get the bike up and running, i am deffinently going to have him tune the carbs, i just hope to learn this as i go so i dont need to keep driving an two hours away just to get to my mechanic. i definently need to learn to read the plugs.

Your going from riding a bike that never needed any tuning to an alky bike?.....

You've never run alky and don't have plug checking and plug reading knowledge/experience?........

I see an epic melt down in the future.

Your going to have to park it and do alot of Research/ Reading till your at least 60% confident in the basics......then the real learning curve begins.

i completely agree bro. but you and everyone else on here started exactly like i did, lol we all learned froms some one on  how to do these things, and someone above stated a plug chop on a alky bike is not worth it, so do i or do i dont plug chop lol,

No need to plug chop alky wont tell ya much

:blink: uhh I have 2 plugs in front of me that tell me a much different story. I agree that they don't show a lot as far as idle, 1/4 throttle, or 1/2 throttle, but they tell a shitload about WOT. Well at least mine do lol. :headbang: