Real Builder's Race

How many people would like to see all the engine builders race one on one with similar sized engines with riders close to the same weight at next years HQ Ride @ Little Sahara?

This is what started the shit/bandwagon storm in the Wannabe Builder's Race thread.

Yes, I would like to see something like this happen. I don't think it will ever happen and definetely not under the terms put out by a couple delusional Poser Builder's.

I think the race has its place on the dunes, but needs to be ran at the track also. Dunes sell products & so does track times/wins.

Real Builder's races are happening at tracks/events throughout the year on a consistent basis. This is Builder's actually racing against each other. The fake Builder's don't understand that because they aren't doing that. That leads to the next subject dune racing.

Just my opinion here, not that it matters. A real Builder's dune race is not calling other's to play in your own backyard sand box. Then, using your BS Artists rendering. We beat XXXXX Builder's XXXXX size motor by 10-15 length our whatever XXXXXX links you dream up.

The question is, did you beat one Real Builder owned & tuned quad? There's a difference between racing/beating a customer's owned & tuned quad, built by XXXXXX Builder!

The track thing for you two stooges will probably never happen. So, dune racing it is. Minimum you need to do is have a marked distance & some type of flagged or rubber band start. There's a couple other basic rules I would throw in also, but don't want to confuse or scare you two.

The key here, HINT........HINT! Is to actually race against other Builder's owned/tuned quads with them present at a dune race.

The track thing for you two stooges will probably never happen. So, dune racing it is. Minimum you need to do is have a marked distance & some type of flagged or rubber band start. There's a couple other basic rules I would throw in also, but don't want to confuse or scare you two.

The key here, HINT........HINT! Is to actually race against other Builder's owned/tuned quads with them present at a dune race.

you finally said something about this topic worth while!!  :clap:

This is what started the shit/bandwagon storm in the Wannabe Builder's Race thread.

Yes, I would like to see something like this happen. I don't think it will ever happen and definetely not under the terms put out by a couple delusional Poser Builder's.

I think the race has its place on the dunes, but needs to be ran at the track also. Dunes sell products & so does track times/wins.

Real Builder's races are happening at tracks/events throughout the year on a consistent basis. This is Builder's actually racing against each other. The fake Builder's don't understand that because they aren't doing that. That leads to the next subject dune racing.

Just my opinion here, not that it matters. A real Builder's dune race is not calling other's to play in your own backyard sand box. Then, using your BS Artists rendering. We beat XXXXX Builder's XXXXX size motor by 10-15 length our whatever XXXXXX links you dream up.

The question is, did you beat one Real Builder owned & tuned quad? There's a difference between racing/beating a customer's owned & tuned quad, built by XXXXXX Builder!

I actually think that the idea sounds fun...IF all the BULL is left out of it. It would be fun for the current customers of the builders to get to meet/learn from their builder,also fun for POTENTIAL customers to meet/greet in person. I think it would help the sport in general,from a business/recognition standpoint. If it was approached WITHOUT the phoney, BS posturing,and outrageous claims, it would be a good time and very beneficial for everyone involved.

Will it ever happen?..i doubt it.

What would be even better would be for a group of customers bikes built and tuned by builders but raced by the customers competing against each other. That would be be interesting. Oh wait that already happens for guys with tons of money. Just build your own motors and tune your own shit then at least your a builder at a race.

Didn't Banshee Wars used to be a sanctioned Dune/Hill race? I know there was always bullshit involved, but what racing isn't these days. People have always tried to push the limits of the vague grey areas since the dawn of racing and unfortunately most of the honest folks are fizzling away.

Slow.........did you really feel you needed to start a new post to be able to have your point heard?

It's not hard to understand.....your not going to get a "Builder Race" to go down no matter what the terms are you draw up. There are the top 3-5 builders out there (Most already know who those builders are) and everyone else is part of the masses of builders who are OUT of the top 5.

The top ten or so at least have a reputation for being well known for what they do. Why would any of them want to line up and have the world see how they stack up against the others? If you have a following of customers who think your great.....what happens if you finish 7th in the builders race?

I'll tell you what happens.......Everyone calls the 6 guys ahead of you before they settle for you. If you know for sure who the very best builder is......why call #2?

#2 only gets call from people who can't afford #1's pricing or who can't wait for #1 to get around to building a motor for them......and on down the line it goes.

Besides, builders try new things every day, so the top guy today might not be the same 3 years from now.

Builders support racers who prove they are at the top of their game, but most just sell the motors. If the bike looses....if might have been rider, it might have been chassis/tire/gear, it might have been the tune or it might have been the motor. But there are enough possible factors that the builders blame is almost impossible to prove. So there is value in proving you can make power......but too much risk in trying to PROVE your better than everyone.

Just look at last years HQ ride as proof......SRP/PRE called out Matt Shearer figuring they could stand on his shoulders to look big. They took a look at who he was racing and who he was beating and decided that it would be better to turn tail and leave the question un-answered, then to engage in a race and show the world that they we not #1 like they claimed. The only "builder" you see calling people out and stirring up drama, is the same guy who chickened out the last time somebody actually showed up to call his bluff.

If your lucky enough to get two guys who are on FULL TILT in an argument, you might get a throw down race. But if your hoping to see SRP in one of those.....I think they are going to have to front some cash to secure their involvement before anybody is going to make the drive knowing their history of backing out.

If you want to give this topic legs....take a pole to see how many members would contribute $5-$10 to fund a race for big cash that would be by invite only to the top 10 builders "As voted on by the members of HQ" and run in a qualifying ladder like NHRA does.......

Beyond that....I'm afraid we're all just talking to hear ourselves talk.

LOL.

The OP was no quick read and he started a whole new thread to say what had already been said.

Plus his entire post has been re-quoted. At least I didn't quote him before my response. LOL