Good Grip sealer?

Anthony133

This is for both my banshee and mx bike, but on the banshee the grips move around slowly but still do. My dirtbike ones a can basically pull right off. Ive been using SCOTT Grip Stick but as you just read, it doesn't really work. Once water hits them they instantly come off on the bike. The banshee grips are annoying to keep having them slowly slide off but, with the bike its a safety issue now. If the grip comes off when I'm riding it would not be good. Anyone have an suggestions on new sealer???

Clear or black spray paint from Lowe's. 99 cents a can here. Never had a grip slide off or even move slightly with that stuff.

X2 on spray paint ...i use dollar general 99 cent stuff and i have no issues at all ...only thing is to clean the bars good first but then just spray a bit in the grip then twist it in place and wipe any runs ....only takes a min or 2 to dry also uyou will probably have to cut them off when its time for new ones

ODI hands down, why deal with glue and spray paint or hairspray or any other bullshit when you can just tighten a lock collar and never worry about them moving. That is until you get new bars and unlock them and they slide right off and right on to the new bars without buying more new grips.

I've found from working in a bike shop over summers the best way to put on non lock-on grips is taking an air compressor with the narrow blower attachment, and putting it between the flange and bar. You blow the air while pushing the grip on...The air causes the grip to expand and move onto the bar, then it tightens back up. You can also make the grips tighter by stretching them...It can also help make a lower profile for thicker grips (Oury).

Example here: 

But lockons are way better.

Btw, the grips in that video are super comfortable on both my bike and my Banshee. Odyssey Aaron Ross, for those who want to run BMX grips.

Hope it helps!