clutch cover getting hot

Your clutch cover is supposed to get hot your clutch is in it moving, also the oil from the motor is what lubes ur "wet clutch" Sent using Tapatalk

true you do have oil in your engine cases......but the trans oil is seperated from the combustion side of the cases.....so yes you will get some heat from that, but not alot of heat...your gears should not be creating enough frictional force to generate that much heat.

true you do have oil in your engine cases......but the trans oil is seperated from the combustion side of the cases.....so yes you will get some heat from that, but not alot of heat...your gears should not be creating enough frictional force to generate that much heat.

True....However, the clutch is right behind the clutch cover.  And it functions entirely on friction and creates a shit ton of heat.  Especially if your drag racing, or doing any type of activity that may require so clutch slip.

SP

got it figured out the plastic water pump gear broke so i put in the mull water pump and gear and now the clutch cover is at normal temp sorry it took so long to reply but i am not one to wait when my bike is hurting FIX IT FAST, FIX IT NOW, FIX IT RIGHTon another note i am new here and apperciate the help from the ones who can comprehend what i am saying THANKS, RACER X

Which part of the cover WAS too hot to touch?

I checked mine after going big blasting around town. The top part of the cover was hot. the lower was cool. I have my water pump cover off too - so felt the cover - it was fairly hot, radiator was fairly hot. I get bubbles in my radiator when I start my banshee so Im pretty sure my pumps working.

Any reason I should replace my pump set?

my was to hot all over because of a broken water pump gear yours sounds like everything is working properly i installed the mull pump and gear and now after ripping through all gears on the street for 20 mins then a 40 min hard ride through the trails pulled over and while it was still running i put my hand on the cluch cover on the top and it was warm but not hot