Need Advice!

Jbeck103

Just got my banshee motor apart last night to do a top end rebuild and noticed very hard pitting on the cylinder head, I am going to replace it but cannot decide which path to go. The paths are buying another stock one for $60 or bump up to a cool head? And if cool head what size domes should  I go? Mods I have are TORS delete, adjustable timing plate, Single Keihin Pwk carb, 1 into 2 intake, trinity stage 4 reeds and pipes, K&N filter with drilled airbox lid. The elevation I am at is just under 1000ft. Will the domes make a huge difference to stock? Is it worth the $100 extra? Thanks!

Welcome to BansheeHQ.

Just my opinion.

I would pick up a Noss coolhead with 23-24 domes. Just check the for sale section here or post in the wanted section. You should have one before the end of the day.

Also may want to stay away from pro design cool heads unless you want to change head studs.

Good luck

Troy

"Cool Heads" really don't help to much with temps. I guess they do to a certain extent but definitely not more then a few degrees. I even ponied up for an infrared gun and checked my bike with pro design head and my wicked head. The wicked boasts altered coolant flow which is evident around the exhaust but like I said, it's just a few degrees. Get your stocker re done or any used cool head and custom domes for some extra oomph.