What sprokets hold up better?

In general stay away from an aluminum sprocket and go for steel. At your level of power any steel sprocket should be OK.

Once you get up there in power like my boys 10mil cub stay away from the steel sprockets with the holes in them for lightening.

He has exploded a couple of them.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had a problem with Sidewinder but I bought their top of the line sprocket. I only ran it for 6 seasons on a big bore motor so I guess that might be junk...... Seriously, they do have good stuff but it is over priced and their customer service is hit or miss

I have recently destroyed tusk and Moose sprockets in a day and have since then moved on to PBI sprockets & Sun Star which seem to be proven products

im running 15-37 and weight 240... bike pulls that no prob with 20" tires. I like the longer gear pull. easier to ride around on not constantly bouncing off the power band

I only got a ported 350 and always had good luck with renthal sprockets their cheap but I tend to replace sprockets and chain every year regardless.

What brand name are you running?

I never had a problem with Sidewinder but I bought their top of the line sprocket. I only ran it for 6 seasons on a big bore motor so I guess that might be junk...... Seriously, they do have good stuff but it is over priced and their customer service is hit or miss

I have recently destroyed tusk and Moose sprockets in a day and have since then moved on to PBI sprockets & Sun Star which seem to be proven products

How many trips in a season?

• 4 weeks later...

buy a REALLY good chain.   dont buy sidewinder chains they suck.  

its really easy here..  if you have stock to pipes HP jt's will work ok.  more power you will need better sprokets.  my drag bike will shred a JT rear in a day at the dunes.  same sproket from sidewinder has lasted 4 years no problems  no wear.   if the PBI is a better brand and will hold up  i would try those also.  sunstar is one of the better well know reasonably priced brand/.

come one  please no EBAY china imported shit.   please??   and you get what you pay for.