Carbon buildup inside pipes.

jsinar

I'm about to get ready to park my banshee for the winter before too long, and while it's down I'm going to do some general maintence to it. The main thing is how to get rid of the carbon buildup inside the pipes. It's thick, I broke off a little of it around the opening with a screwdriver when I did new gaskets. Would seafoam work if I poured some inside the pipe and sloshed it around? or what's the best way?

If the chrome is bad you can heat the pipe up until it is glowing. Another thing you can try is to get the carbon buring on the inside. Then blow a low speed stream of air though the pipe so the carbon keeps buring. There isnt really a cleaner that will remove heavy carbon build up that you find in 2 stroke pipe.

Edited by jbooker82

better than mineral spirtits.....go to sherwin williams and get a gallon of reducer #54. They are having a good sale this weekend. That stuff is gnarley. It is used as a reducer/ clean up for epoxy and other similar coatings. I use it to clean really tough grime. It will probably take off automotive paint. Let that sit in your pipes for a while and should clean out a bit of grime.

might try that hmm..

you can also buy new pipes. usually the carbon is built up a lot at the opening from the flange from all the mis match turbulence.. and sometimes at the silencers tubes inside. repacking can take care of that with a wire wheel on a bench grinder.. if you have a heavy buildup inside the pipes your jetted way to rich or using a shitty oil that is not burning off right.. castrol 927 does this and yamapube does this bad also.