dont know whats wrong

hunt3rm008

did you have the motor at operating temp also when holding wfo for compression reading??? if a crank seal is bad it will be the clutch side if its rich. that means its sucling transmission oil into combustion chamber. if it were running lean constantly it could be a flywheel crank seal, cuz it would suck air on that side. have you noticed trans level dropping?? i would still also run that fucker. i usually after a rebuild will fire it up, let her idle for a few to get hot, blip her for a few mins then shut off to cool. do that again, then after 2nd cool down start putting engine load on it,going from easy load to hard load the more heat cycles. try that, esp if you havent put load on it yet.

This might sound stupid but how do you tell if it's running rich or lean? Also the compression isn't my only problems it still smokes a lot out of the exhausts . I replaced the head gasket so it shouldn't be burning coolant so does that mean it's burning gearbox oil? Or could it be burning all the two stroke oil that leaked down into the crank area from all the lubricateing I did while rebuilding the top end? If I rip on it for a while, and it is burning gearbox oil, will that harm my motor?

Just do a leakdown test....that will insure you don't have a leaking seal

x2. just go rip on it too. gearbox oil shouldnt hurt unless your running like a detergent oil. its just gonna foul plugs. we dont even know thats what it is. now if it were lean i wouldnt run it, but you not. how do you tell if your rich or lean?? your plugs tell you right off the bat. now to really fine tune it right you need to do a plug chop but were far from that. if its leaking coolant, you'll know, it will come out of overflow and you'll smell it. go ride it!

i havent run it enough for the plugs to get any bad, after i rode it and checked them out they were a little dark and wet. i just read alot about jetting and found out when your rich it could produce thicker exhaust smoke. my banshee is bone stock and stock mains are 200 and i just cleaned my carbs and my mains are 220 and pilots are 25. could i be really smokey because of my jets being 2 sizes up? i havent had the chance to ride it yet but i will be riding it friday and i will let everyone know how it runs and ill take a video of her running and pics of my plugs, thanks everyone for this help