wide powerband diy porting

i have been porting for years now an everytime i touch a cylinder i get better and it takes less time,my advise to you is do both cylinders ex at same time an so on dont try an finish one than match it,sometimes less is more in areas with casting restraints.staggered transf design is proven and allows fuel to enter in an orderly fashion,open your mind to diffrent pistins than wisecos with better layout for ported motors

just run the motor in reverse with a normal carbide. still cuts decent

i didnt know if that would work or not. i'll give that a try. been also using smaller diamond bits for transfers they dont kick as hard most times..

i also feel the same way even though i have been doing it for a long time i get better every set i do i have pulled my personal cylinders back off a few times and gone in to do more work. practice practice practice

I've found that by using a not so aggressive cutter and by tiping the handle a certain way, takes away 95% of the chatter that can come from using the sometimes tricky CC specialties 90* 1MC unit. I also have the non reversabile TMX 1/3hp motor and its a torquey unit for sure! Love the quality tools. I used a 90* blue point air grinder for a few years, but found it to have zero torque and you need to run it wide open to have some power and then it grabs and chatters around. It sucks!

Well i got my motor assembled this morning to test this port job of myn. And i am honestly happy with my gains. I did expect more power though. If i ride slow and pin it in first the nose picks up, changing to second it picks up and changing to third it just just picks up. this is on tar. the powerband is still as wide as stock, the power comes on early, probably the same as stock. the low down bog is much much better and the bike is much more responsive. I would say i have gained everywhere, wouldnt say tons though. my main concern was that i never wanted a peaky motor so im happy. here are some pics of all my work.

utf-8BSU1HXzIwNjguSlBH.jpg

utf-8BSU1HXzIwMzguSlBH.jpg

utf-8BSU1HXzIwNjQuSlBH.jpg

utf-8BSU1HXzIwMjMuSlBH.jpg

utf-8BSU1HXzIxMDAuSlBH.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

utf-8BSU1HXzIxMTguSlBH.jpg

i used a dremel long time ago. no one said it couldnt be done. theres far better tools however. at a far higher price tag though. next time i wouldnt get real concearned with doing a mirror shine on the exh port. looks good though

Thanx man. Ya the mirror shines is a waist of time. I was bord though and had nothing to do.