wide powerband diy porting

First off, you fuckers claiming to be a cheese boy need to back the fuck off...

Second, 350scab, I thought you did a pretty good job porting your cylinders in the other thread. Do what you want, man. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Who the fuck cares. It's your money, not theirs.

There have been TONS of people who home port their cylinders. I'm sure all these "builders" ported their first set of cylinders as a professional. :shootself:

Get fuckin' real, people. Dude's in South Africa and wants to give it a go, let him. If you don't have any advice keep your dick suckers quiet.

well put ha

we are only ripping on dumb mother fuckers like you because this has been asked a million times.

Dude I've searched this forum through and through for advice on "lowend power porting" mostly it is just drag port stuff with massive intakes and massive exhaust timing, no concern bout lowdown power.

I have also at least done abit from my side, I've read those books and researched a lot. I came with my port durations and put them on the table for discussion. I also got no real help there just a bunch of clever comments. I wish people can just stand together for once, not to just develop "themselves" but develop 2strokes! People like Blair and Graham and Jennings gave tons and tons of info away just like that!!!! Why? To develop 2strokes! Now all I see is a lot of people reinventing the wheel all learning the hard expensive way. I do understand that this is also a business and I can't argue with that but I'm not asking for blueprints on porting. Cumon guys let's just stop ripping on me please? If I had the knowledge I would gladly help some1 out or atleast nudge them in the right direction. I have got alotof help from this forum, but there are these guys that lurk at threads and pounce when they can rip on some1 or tell them how stupid they are? For what man? Do you need to break other people down to make yourself feel better? I bet these guys generally never help anyone here, they just give a general comment with no real value or they rip on you. Ohwell.

Dude I've searched this forum through and through for advice on "lowend power porting" mostly it is just drag port stuff with massive intakes and massive exhaust timing, no concern bout lowdown power.

I have also at least done abit from my side, I've read those books and researched a lot. I came with my port durations and put them on the table for discussion. I also got no real help there just a bunch of clever comments. I wish people can just stand together for once, not to just develop "themselves" but develop 2strokes! People like Blair and Graham and Jennings gave tons and tons of info away just like that!!!! Why? To develop 2strokes! Now all I see is a lot of people reinventing the wheel all learning the hard expensive way. I do understand that this is also a business and I can't argue with that but I'm not asking for blueprints on porting. Cumon guys let's just stop ripping on me please? If I had the knowledge I would gladly help some1 out or atleast nudge them in the right direction. I have got alotof help from this forum, but there are these guys that lurk at threads and pounce when they can rip on some1 or tell them how stupid they are? For what man? Do you need to break other people down to make yourself feel better? I bet these guys generally never help anyone here, they just give a general comment with no real value or they rip on you. Ohwell.

Send it to a builder. LOL :rotflmao:

we are only ripping on dumb mother fuckers like you because this has been asked a million times.

It has been asked a million times but every time it winds put the same. Someone says you are gonna fuck them up, send them to a sponsor. Then someone gets all hot and bothered and by page two its a pissing match because people are narrow minded and really have no clue how to port so they put restarted posts up. This thread is par for the course.

I support any one willing to sacrifice time and money to learn something out of the norm. I say it every time. Jeff, Jim, Kevin, Kim, Dan hull, etc, won't be doing this forever. We need new talent to be waiting in the helms.

350...... Don't be a dick! People will always be nay sayers. Don't let it bother you and get you off your rocker. You just need to let idiots be idiots and wait for the good info. Just be patient, spouting off will turn the few people who can help away or make them leave asshole comment.

My advice, get a few sets of cylinders, and spend time learning dome configuration as well. The dome situation is only now becoming an uncovered issue and is just as important in design as the port work. Dave @ noss was very helpful with schooling me on the basics of dome design, but kinda vague since a lot of what he does is Jim @ passion's design.

you need the right tools to be able to do a port job. you just ant go in there and hog out the ports and hope it works.

get the right tools then ask questions.

also there are many online books about how 2-stroke engines works and the port layouts and how they effect how an engine runs.

Really, no shit?

Pisses me off when you cheese boys just say send it to a site sponsor. I'm from south africa, let's check. Shipping would be about R1000x2, porting R2000, waiting period probably 2months. It all adds up. Thanx mr "gota gofast" for your input. Much appreciated. I will have a look into my radiuses and try get them better with the methods you mentioned.

I had no idea you were from south africa, it is not listed in your location on the left side of the screen under your name like most people are. I never meant anything negative by my comments suggesting sending to a site sponsor.....in your case i am sure its more hassle than its worth with the international shipping and all that crap.

Just simply thought you were trying to be ultra-cheap and do something yourself instead of spending a bit of cash and have it done by someone reputable.

Didnt mean to cause any shit dude.

I had no idea you were from south africa, it is not listed in your location on the left side of the screen under your name like most people are. I never meant anything negative by my comments suggesting sending to a site sponsor.....in your case i am sure its more hassle than its worth with the international shipping and all that crap.

Just simply thought you were trying to be ultra-cheap and do something yourself instead of spending a bit of cash and have it done by someone reputable.

Didnt mean to cause any shit dude.

Kewl man no problem. thanx anyways

So if you have read the books why the question. I run 190/128 and have a fairly broad powerband that revs out well but its no stump puller like a stock port. It likes its rpms and custom domes got rid of the soggy bottom end and made the transition into power alot smoother. Compression and timing are fairly low not only because it runs on pump gas but to play to its strengths as a fast reving 350.

I just gave younsome of what I've spent the last few years learning by application. No reinventing the wheel here.

So if you have read the books why the question. I run 190/128 and have a fairly broad powerband that revs out well but its no stump puller like a stock port. It likes its rpms and custom domes got rid of the soggy bottom end and made the transition into power alot smoother. Compression and timing are fairly low not only because it runs on pump gas but to play to its strengths as a fast reving 350.

I just gave younsome of what I've spent the last few years learning by application. No reinventing the wheel here.

Thanx man. Really appreciate the info.

X

Those are some beautiful radiuses on the intakes of the transfers. Very nice. I also see you intakes are huge! I've read that big intakes tend to make a motor more lazy down low at? Thanx for the pics though. My plan was to go with a very mild port. Keeping my exhaust at 184 not to lose too much low power. What I've desided to do thanx to everyone that helped me is to put the motor together and see how she runs. If she is too peaky I am going to raise my transfers at 0.5 degree increments. I was also thinking to be more safe, maybe I should cut my pistons instead? I know this destroyes the whole compression and squish. Having said that, if I do get a better spread powerband by grinding my piston crown at the transfers positions, would the lower compression and messed up squish band cancell my gains out that the motor actually feels wors?