wide powerband diy porting

Do you guys just bite people shit all the time? Fucken hell man! I've used that 90degree piece and it does work, the dremel is variable speed also. The bit does bite every now and then but not too bad. Can you guys then show me what 90piece would be better to use? Thanx

Edited by 350skabarat

Do you guys just bite people shit all the time? Fucken hell man! I've used that 90degree piece and it does work, the dremel is variable speed also. The bit does bite every now and then but not too bad. Can you guys then show me what 90piece would be better to use? Thanx

You THINK it works,,,try this one and post back. > http://ccspecialtytool.com/catalog

Fact is ,you are using the WRONG tool for the job and you CANT get it how you really need it for max output with what you are using.

Yes you can "port" it some ,,and get some improvements,but especially when you are wanting "wide" power as you call it,thats when you really have to get in the transfers and massage. A dremel WILL NOT allow you to get in there properly.

Even WITH the proper hand pieces and after finding the perfect burrs that lcut the shape you need and reach just how you want,,,it takes a TON of time...using a 90* dremel attachment,,,,have fun.

You THINK it works,,,try this one and post back. > http://ccspecialtytool.com/catalog

Fact is ,you are using the WRONG tool for the job and you CANT get it how you really need it for max output with what you are using.

Yes you can "port" it some ,,and get some improvements,but especially when you are wanting "wide" power as you call it,thats when you really have to get in the transfers and massage. A dremel WILL NOT allow you to get in there properly.

Even WITH the proper hand pieces and after finding the perfect burrs that lcut the shape you need and reach just how you want,,,it takes a TON of time...using a 90* dremel attachment,,,,have fun.

Kewl I understand now what you mean. So my dremel is too big. It is a tight squeez I must say. Do you think if I modify the 90piece to be way smaller I will be better off? Cause I can't affort such expensive tools.

Kewl I understand now what you mean. So my dremel is too big. It is a tight squeez I must say. Do you think if I modify the 90piece to be way smaller I will be better off? Cause I can't affort such expensive tools.

Id check Ebay for a good used one. It will make all the difference in the world. I bought mine used,got tired of DIY and sold it 2 yrs later for the same money i bought it for. It was a fun experience, did a few blasters and a few banshees for friends,then got out of the sport for about 10-12yr ,until just recently.

Easier now just to send it to someone who does it for a living...for me anyway. Id rather do what i do,and let them do what they do.

Success to ya!

thats a basic setup. it works ok if your on a budget. you have to be very careful using that 90d air tool but it will work. i used one for a long time the foredom stuff is pretty nice and a NICE 90* foredom tool isnt to bad but its just as difficult to use as the air in some ways. i have a SR motor now and it has reversable setup i really want to be able to reverse it and see if that helps on back hand work ( hard to describe... i watched for used motors for a while then just got tired of seeing them sell for about what a new one cost. and they were all about 20-30 years old, i just bought a brand new SR setup for a lil less than 200 bucks. it came with the quick change and a few pretty useless bits. but a nice burr holder and rotating caddy. but i am starting to really like the quick change handpiece. also all the other handpieces i have aquired over the years all quick change it has really helps to cut down some of the time it takes to do a cylinder. i change bits quite often and move them in and out of the collets also. everyone is going to have a way they do it... the biggest complaint i have on the SR motor is it takes a while to slow down its not as fast as a stop as the older motor i have..

c.c. specialties is a nice place for specialty burrs and some 90* tooling. i have watched ebay for years and seen 2 90* foredom type quick change tools. i bought one of them with a buy it now the 2nd had a buy it now also but as i was purchasing it it was sold HA it lasted all of about 30 minutes.. i think it would be very nice to have one 90 set up std and one set up with reverse cutter. just flop them out..

i think i have about 1500+ in porting tooling. probably more.

i have seen lots of things affect a motor way more than a port job. it is a lot of fun i FEEL to play with porting if your not to worried with trashing your cylinder's i mean noone is going to show you at least i had a few friends that were reputable that got me started in the right direction at least.. but they were close. none of them really said do it just like this. one made me think a lot on how the reeds and transfers can work together. and still to this day i am trying differnt things been doing it for over 15 years now...