Shearer or sniper pipes

"I'm Mat Shearer and I approve this message."

Obvious troll job considering he started a thread too.

really? troll job cause they actually fit or what? hell i was prepared to do some cutting and rewelding but they fit great. can someone post some pics for me if i email them?

I ran cpis for awhile, no complaints there, I was always happy with them- got bored wanted a change bought some Shearers- granted they weren't the new double o-ring design which personally I really don't give a fuck- FACT first hand experience they fit like shit

Space this and space that so they don't rub on this or rub on that- my frame is PERFECTLY straight has never been rolled or tweaked in any way!!

My Shearers still cracked, guess they weren't "spaced" enough

1000% bullshit- but they do perform and clearly that's what everyone is defending here- I can only speak for the set that I owned and they were horrible!

It seems like others have had better luck than I did

When it comes to my bike I don't look or care about the bill or the prices, spending a extra 100-200 bucks on pipes that actually fit is a drop in the bucket when you have thousands and thousands tied up in your bike which many of us do!

So yes I did buy some snipers, got them a few days ago, haven't even opened the box yet I've been to busy with work!!

Worst case, I don't like them and I sell them- big deal! Or maybe I'll love the way they feel compared to the other pipes I've ran on my motor!

What do I really have to loose, some time and money o well!!

I'll be sure to keep you cry baby's posted- hoping to get out this Sunday if I can finish up the bike in time!

Still have heat cycles and tuning to do

Joe

im wondering if there was some tweaking done to the newer double o ring design. ive read post after post saying how shitty the shearers fit. no disputing the FACT many people have had major problems gettin the shearer pipes to fit. not only have they made the post sayin so, many posted the pictures. mine went on perfect. easy to put on an if i find someone local with some single o ring shearers i might swap them to compare the two so i can see first hand wether or not something has been changed.

Edited by dozer

I got a new inverter tig welder and retired the old Syncrowave 250, as always I'm trying to up the quality of Sniper pipes. Here are two pictures of some aluminum work with the new tig.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/photosrp/WeldedwithEverlast250EX001.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/photosrp/WeldedwithEverlast250EX003.jpg

I got a new inverter tig welder and retired the old Syncrowave 250, as always I'm trying to up the quality of Sniper pipes. Here are two pictures of some aluminum work with the new tig.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/photosrp/WeldedwithEverlast250EX001.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/photosrp/WeldedwithEverlast250EX003.jpg

If you taper off your amperage slowly at the end of your weld you can avoid the little craters you can see at the end of each bead on your silencer hangers.

-Jared

Awesome which machine did you buy, i have a dynasty 350, great machine

Awesome which machine did you buy, i have a dynasty 350, great machine

The Dynasty 350 and the Fronius Magic Wave are the best tigs in my opinion.

I bought a Everlast 250EX, they are a killer value at 2000 dollars, that's complete water cooler and everything to make it weld. They have a one called a 185 Power Tig Micro, it is ac/dc with high frequency (20 to 250 hertz) and ac balance (10 to 90 percent) for aluminum. Its only 900 dollars shipped (air cooled), it would actually do everything I weld. There are some very good videos on Youtube from Welding Tips and Tricks on both welders.

The Dynasty 350 and the Fronius Magic Wave are the best tigs in my opinion.

I bought a Everlast 250EX, they are a killer value at 2000 dollars, that's complete water cooler and everything to make it weld. They have a one called a 185 Power Tig Micro, it is ac/dc with high frequency (20 to 250 hertz) and ac balance (10 to 90 percent) for aluminum. Its only 900 dollars shipped (air cooled), it would actually do everything I weld. There are some very good videos on Youtube from Welding Tips and Tricks on both welders.

No shit, that is a steal for everything at 2000 bucks. And i think the welds above look pretty damn good. Better than i can do, which just further proves that the person doing the welding is probably more important than the equipment. :cheers:

Coming from a TIG back ground... Welding paper thin stainless shit for the "restatraunt biz" and fab shop, building bulk milk tankers and everything in between... the welds aren't toooo bad.... ;)

Yeah RZB, those Everlast IGBT 250EX's are the best kept secret in the TIG world. Phenominal price, you cant trip the duty cycle, highly portable, and more adjusments than mortal man deserves. I absolutely love mine...Jim

That's fucking dumb. I'm way more bad ass than Fuck Norris. I need someone awesome to play me.. Maybe Denzel.

Ha chuck norris would kick your ass :rotflmao: Dont you know that while the whole world looks under their bed for the boogey man, The boogey man looks under his bed for Chuck Norris