Shearer or sniper pipes

Great....now we've slipped into somebody's Facebook page. <_<

Great....now we've slipped into somebody's Facebook page. <_<

Windy, this all happens to be just as pertinent as Sniper/Shearer comparison...which you already know the truth to anyways. It's all about entertainment!!! Nobody really wants the truth, they want fit and finish...at the expense of hp/tq.

Windy, this all happens to be just as pertinent as Sniper/Shearer comparison...which you already know the truth to anyways. It's all about entertainment!!! Nobody really wants the truth, they want fit and finish...at the expense of hp/tq.

No I think they want Matt to Feel like he's got some competition so he'll re-design his pipes. I don't see masses of people buying these Snippy pipes. But they sure think that bitching about BB pipes not fitting on 421-465 motors will shake Matt up.

But listen, all this posting of pics of guys and other guys commenting on looks is getting a little gay. (Even for a Sniper post) Maybe you could try taking some pics while your standing next to a naked girl. :shrugani:

I'm not picky........it doesn't even have to be your girl. :lol: (Just...no goats.) :huh:

If we're going to turn the Snippy post into the "Random Picture Post".....Well....I like you Chuy....but I sure don't want to see anyone start commenting on who's getting tickled by your beard and where. :whoa:

So before it all goes down that path......... :bolt:

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Who really cares...I wouldnt spend the money they want to replace a set of inframe shearers...That would be insane to spend what they want for a pipe that really aint no better than a set of shearers....lmfao...Such a Joke...

you moron, this pisisng match was coming to an end and you dig it up ... fag .. banghead

SHEARER FTW

It rolls off the tongue pretty easy for someone that has never seen a Sniper pipe. But facts from the race track prove that Shearer is not even competitive with Sniper. Banshee 332 beats down 20 bikes every week that run Shearer pipes, and has already won the championship in the 431 to 525 class with 2 races still to go in the season. Banshee 332 was the first to post performance gains with Sniper pipes and is now winning in dominating fashion. Here are the 2012 point standings for Blair Bedford Dirt drags (BBDR) in PA.

http://www.bbdrdirtdrags.com/files/2012_Points.pdf

My simple observation through the last 48 pages is this....

Shearer pipes are a popular choice for one reason.... they perform. Sniper Assassins have joined the market to offer another top performing pipe. It is obvious that the shearer and sniper designs are both making serious power curves on the dyno and both pipes are posting positive reviews of real world results. While the snipers aren't dominating the drag pipe world, they bring competition and innovation to the top end in frame pipes that for so many years hasn't changed much. You cannot deny that Jim and SRP have put a lot of effort into this and will continue to put thought and theory to practice. I really hope it pays off.... because if Sniper pipes DO set the standard in the future, I only hope other pipe builders will follow up with new designs of their own.

I also like the idea of "custom tailoring" a pipe vs. a generic universal fit. Especially for guys who run servals and other "broad power" cylinders who only have top-end pipes to rely on. But this thread is about drag racing and making an engine that accelerates faster than the opponent... And there is clearly no absolute winner between shearers and snipers as I see a fairly even weighted split between shearers edging snipers and vice versa.

It rolls off the tongue pretty easy for someone that has never seen a Sniper pipe. But facts from the race track prove that Shearer is not even competitive with Sniper. Banshee 332 beats down 20 bikes every week that run Shearer pipes, and has already won the championship in the 431 to 525 class with 2 races still to go in the season. Banshee 332 was the first to post performance gains with Sniper pipes and is now winning in dominating fashion. Here are the 2012 point standings for Blair Bedford Dirt drags (BBDR) in PA.

http://www.bbdrdirtd...2012_Points.pdf

Sorry Ban421.

You don't take results from one track, one class, one bike...and a questionable track at that (many people will tell you a HUGE motor will not go any faster than a small motor due to track conditions and available traction) then post it as bible.

And I am NOT a Shearer pipe fan...as evident in previous posts.

Think about what you posted...one track, one class...

It is possible for Brad to just be a better tuner, have a better setup, etc.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Brad winning plenty of races there before the pipes were even a thought?

I"m not bashing Brad, his accomplishments, Sniper pipes (which I own) at all. You race the track you're at...and he's doing well there.

This is the line that is false on the grand scheme of things:

But facts from the race track prove that Shearer is not even competitive with Sniper.

I am a believer in these pipes. That being said..they have to be proven on a bigger stage than one class, one bike, one track.

The bigger problem is pipes are a small part of the equation...there are a TON of other variables.

I understand your support of Brad, and at that track/class he's earned it. But you painted a very broad picture with nothing more than a very, very small paintbrush.

Not trying to be argumentative, just fair and complete...