CAMATV transmission

blubyyou

So since you tell the paying customers what you are doing to their trannys, do you make them sign a paper stating they can not share the details? The cat will be out of the bag eventually if you are telling your paying customers, why not just spill the beans and get more potential customers???

I get that everyone wants to know everything they can before making a decision. However the few people above that called with a serious inquery got the complete rundown.

People have to understand that this is how people make their money and you don't wanna tell any ol' joe your process. Why Tell the paying customers, because once doing business you hope that people would have the respect to tell others just enough to make some one else want work done, not go to a cut rate machine shop do the work. Yeah the cat might get out, but this is just how business gets done. I don't think he is hiding anything. I do know he stands behind his work. Go ahead and start a thread asking all of out site sponsors to give an exact rundown of the specs and angles of their port work. You would only get generalizations

$300 bucks to anyone who sends me their tranny cut by cam. I'll have it nitpicked to death and post the results. with details, measurements, and extremely high resolution images.

Damn that's a tempting offer you are throwing out there, but a terrible thing for someone to actually do. Cam is a good dude and straightforward to those that actually do business with him. Not sure why people are up his ass just because he doesn't want to disclose every little thing he has figured out threw his own r&d. Let the man do his thing and help progress the sport. As long as he's not out there screwing people over. Which I can say from dealing with him, he is not out screwing people around.

$300 bucks to anyone who sends me their tranny cut by cam. I'll have it nitpicked to death and post the results. with details, measurements, and extremely high resolution images.

Matt you do realise that statement belongs in the bounty section not the product reviews

Damn that's a tempting offer you are throwing out there, but a terrible thing for someone to actually do. Cam is a good dude and straightforward to those that actually do business with him. Not sure why people are up his ass just because he doesn't want to disclose every little thing he has figured out threw his own r&d. Let the man do his thing and help progress the sport. As long as he's not out there screwing people over. Which I can say from dealing with him, he is not out screwing people around.

If you think motor builders aren't scrutinizing other motor builders work, that's how the industry works. Most people just don't have the audacity to come out and say it like I do.

Without a doubt, hands down, when a shock comes in to me that's been revalved by another builder, before I separate the valve stack, I put fresh oil in the shock, dyno it, then compare it to the valve stack I would use. That's how industry progresses. Things don't get better by being secretive. The fact is, in this industry, secrets don't make money. ESPECIALLY on such a small target audience as a single bike, in a sea of alternatives, and builders.

When people start doing super secret area 51 black "majic" work on such a simple thing, it throws up red flags. It was an audacious statement in the first place to claim that there's some kind of super sweet ultimate classified trick, that warrants an additional $200 in work to a transmission. I had my tranny cut for $50 bucks, and it shifted flawlessly, and never once popped out of gear under ANY circumstance. My bike rolled down the face of a dune, and made two complete barrel rolls in the air, landing upside down. When I got back on it, it was still in third gear (where it was before it flipped). To say "traditionally cut" transmissions pop out of gear when jumping was 100% false, in my case, and in every other person's case of which I have spoken to regarding this.

In this case, I would wish nothing more than to be proven 100% wrong, and to look like a fool. I have doubts that will happen though. I'm pretty good at this stuff.

If you think motor builders aren't scrutinizing other motor builders work, that's how the industry works. Most people just don't have the audacity to come out and say it like I do.

Without a doubt, hands down, when a shock comes in to me that's been revalved by another builder, before I separate the valve stack, I put fresh oil in the shock, dyno it, then compare it to the valve stack I would use. That's how industry progresses. Things don't get better by being secretive. The fact is, in this industry, secrets don't make money. ESPECIALLY on such a small target audience as a single bike, in a sea of alternatives, and builders.

When people start doing super secret area 51 black "majic" work on such a simple thing, it throws up red flags. It was an audacious statement in the first place to claim that there's some kind of super sweet ultimate classified trick, that warrants an additional $200 in work to a transmission. I had my tranny cut for $50 bucks, and it shifted flawlessly, and never once popped out of gear under ANY circumstance. My bike rolled down the face of a dune, and made two complete barrel rolls in the air, landing upside down. When I got back on it, it was still in third gear (where it was before it flipped). To say "traditionally cut" transmissions pop out of gear when jumping was 100% false, in my case, and in every other person's case of which I have spoken to regarding this.

In this case, I would wish nothing more than to be proven 100% wrong, and to look like a fool. I have doubts that will happen though. I'm pretty good at this stuff.

I would say you are 100% true no denying that. It's just the part of putting everything out in the open like that is all.

Damn matt best thing i have ever read from you. Keep up the good work.

matt

send me a stock transmission and 300 bucks i will gladly do what i do and send it to you..

just rember your the asshole that started the whole "black majic" stuff. you for what ever reason are single handly trying to destroy my reputation for what ever reason.. and in all reality im NEVER going to refer anyone to you for shock work again. just because of this retarded bashing you are doing to me for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

NO i'm not cam at redline. i have much respect for him he is a great builder, and puts out great motors. and other work. i refer people to him all the time for overrides because as of right now i'm not ready to release one. ( but i am working on it) why bring him up in this thread?

i dont push this trans modification it sells itself. i have had a few come to me that were done by other shops for 50 bucks to 200 bucks and after i was done with them they actually worked.. ??

NO i dont have a full time shop with bank financing and tax write off's i'm just a broke dude who enjoys this sport a LOT and does his own work because i got tired of getting screwed around by other shops ( 20 years ago).. and not getting what i felt was a great quality product..

back in the days when i MX raced these piles some times and very very rarely they would dead neutral on the face of a jump or bouncing through whoops. now im sure even a bone stocker wont pop out of gear rolling down a dune..

I ran a 4mil cub for over a year on a bone stock transmission and rarely missed shifts. I guess having all good parts and having things adjusted goes a long way. I'm sure the work Cam does is great, I'm still not sure how much it costs but it is probably well worth it.

matt

send me a stock transmission and 300 bucks i will gladly do what i do and send it to you..

just rember your the asshole that started the whole "black majic" stuff. you for what ever reason are single handly trying to destroy my reputation for what ever reason.. and in all reality im NEVER going to refer anyone to you for shock work again. just because of this retarded bashing you are doing to me for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

I'll bet you would cut the trans for $300 bucks. Anyone who wouldn't would be a fool.

Actually, I did NOT start the black "maGic" stuff. Go back and read through the thread. I asked a simple question at the beginning, never got an answer, and moved on to another thread.

Take a look at this post in this thread by Possum:

I got the same "its top secret" from cam. Safe to say i wont be using him.

Your reply, coupled with this post, threw up red flags from here to 2045. If you actually read the words in my last post, I not-so-egregiously stated that I hope I could be proven wrong.

Let's address your empty threat of "never referring another customer to me"? Let's be completely honest and transparent here. You've referred one person to me. Jesse. We don't need to go into detail about his shocks, other than the fact that I ended up giving the guy $140 in parts for free, to fix your mistake. I held no ill will against you for that incident, I did what was right to get Jesse back on his bike, and him back riding, at my OWN expense, because I felt bad for the guy.

I give away work and product all the time to people out of the kindness of my heart. When people call me, I tell them time and time again, "Don't waste your money on shit you don't need." I don't upsell, I don't even make a profit on a single one of the parts that I install. I, too, do this work because I enjoy it. Sure, there's headaches, broken knuckles, and blood occasionally. I know there's not a lot of money in this business, and it obviously causes people to charge exorbitant prices for basic work. Additionally, me, myself -- knows when I should, and shouldn't sell someone work that they do or don't need. I wish all of us could keep this same mentality.

It seems as though selling a "secret" product, isn't the best route, wouldn't you agree?