silver lake and sparky's ?

Koba

bought my first banshee recently and its time to bust my dune cherry... guy i bought it from gave me to sets of silencers i had no idea the difference they both are powercores one set seems to have arrestors but i know they dont have them normaly... i took the end cap off he just tacked a screen into the pipe... stops a stick haha ... when they test are they gonna look for the usfa stamp or just stick my pipes?? he said i should be ok but he doesnt go to silver lake.. should i chance it?? i mean i gotta pass sound too if im the lucky banshee to get tested but if i dont i should be ok right stick wise right sound i know ill fail.

bought my first banshee recently and its time to bust my dune cherry... guy i bought it from gave me to sets of silencers i had no idea the difference they both are powercores one set seems to have arrestors but i know they dont have them normaly... i took the end cap off he just tacked a screen into the pipe... stops a stick haha ... when they test are they gonna look for the usfa stamp or just stick my pipes?? he said i should be ok but he doesnt go to silver lake.. should i chance it?? i mean i gotta pass sound too if im the lucky banshee to get tested but if i dont i should be ok right stick wise right sound i know ill fail.

i think powercore 2's have spark arrestors. i ride at the dunes with em no problem

turbine core have the spark arrestors built in. power core do not.

as to wheather youll get in or not, its 50/50. maybe a better chance of getting in on a holiday weekend when its super busy.

I havent gone to the dunes yet this year but i went to trails and i have powercore 2's and they checked like he looked over my silencers and gave me the thumbs and i went right in and rode. I think the powercores have spark arrestors just the turbine cores have a better spark arrestor or something.

easiest way to find out is check yourself. get a 18'' piece of thin copper pipe or similar, if the stick doesnt stop then there is no spark arrestor.

but im 100% certain that power cores do not have any spark arresting festures in them, however the turbine core do.

Edited by BANSHEE HP

When I have been up there, they have done both. Even though both my quads have the usfa stamps on the spark arrestor or silencer. I have also been noise checked on numerous occasions.

You can also shove steel wool in the pipe, it makes it not as loud and passes their check. I have only ever heard of this, have not done it myself.

I have also seen them check quads in the back of trucks for the spark arrestors but have not seen them noise check them.

• 1 month later...

i was just there this weekend and ill tell you. the next time i go my quad will be in the back of my truck heading in to the dunes they dont check them guys at all that i seen and that voucher system sucks. put a flag and orv on your truck youll be much happier.

i was just there this weekend and ill tell you. the next time i go my quad will be in the back of my truck heading in to the dunes they dont check them guys at all that i seen and that voucher system sucks. put a flag and orv on your truck youll be much happier.

the voucher system isn't that bad once you get used to it. I hated it at first.

the voucher system isn't that bad once you get used to it. I hated it at first.

x2

if you plan your trip right the voucher line isnt bad... bring a grill, food/drink, radio, bikes, folding chairs. make a tail gate party out of it, when those hungry ass people that dont plan anything walk by my truck when were making breakfast sandwhiches all i hear is "we shoulda done that".

Or just park a spare truck in line and go ride. :shrugani: When we don't have a spare rig...we make friends with people at the front of the line. ;)

It's better than the old days when you not only had to sleep on the side of the road over night to have an early chance at getting in. (Like you were trying to buy concert tickets) but you also had to deal with the misquotes and the drunks who would let people cut in line...then the fights that went down over that. Then wait for hours in the hot sun while the line moved slowly forward as the checked each truck and all that crap. (More people cutting in line.) banghead Trust me......the current system is WAY better than anything before.

The LAST THING you ever want is a reservation system like they have for the campgrounds. (Have you ever tried to plan a camping trip any time after March? Every campground is booked for every weekend till school starts again.) :( You would have to make reservations in January for the summer weekend you want to go...then if it rains that weekend, your shit out of luck cause your not going to be able to book another weekend till next January.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put on some CPI's and was planning to go to Silver Lake this weekend. Called Allen Racing to see if I can pick up some Cobra Sparky to ride and they do not have them anymore. Cobra quit manufacturing them. WTF are we supposed to do now?? banghead Gonna try to fab up some myself. Dude told me they are a bit more flexible now with no option to buy them. As long are you are trying and have some kind of screen in there, they'll let you in. :headbang:

I just put on some CPI's and was planning to go to Silver Lake this weekend. Called Allen Racing to see if I can pick up some Cobra Sparky to ride and they do not have them anymore. Cobra quit manufacturing them. WTF are we supposed to do now?? banghead Gonna try to fab up some myself. Dude told me they are a bit more flexible now with no option to buy them. As long are you are trying and have some kind of screen in there, they'll let you in. :headbang:

Maybe you can get the endcaps for the R2 silencers and use the toomey spark arresters

Maybe you can get the endcaps for the R2 silencers and use the toomey spark arresters

Yeah, I'm going to have to figure something out. I would hate to ruin or butcher up the CPI silencers. I'll just make a bolt on sparky like the Cobra ones with the mesh inside to get me through the entrance. Once in, they'll come off as usual :confused: