brand new 2004 banshee, please help

slim~shady

I just bought a new 2004 banshee, and to be honest i'm not all that impressed as far as how fast it is. Dont get me wrong, when i first saw it after the salesman brought it out for the first time i've been in love. But it's really not any faster then my old 1992 lt250R. Did i get stuck with a lemon or is this normal? I havent really beat on it yet but from what i felt from riding it in the street i'm kind of not happy with the power.

Any tips on what i can do to goose it up?

I have a 2003 and all i have right now is toomey tr6's and a k-n filter kit. Pipes wake a 2 stroke up. I talked to toomey they said on a stock bike tr6's will give 20 hp mid to top end and 8-10 bottom end.. I LOVE MY TOOMEYS. I also have been talking to trinity and they said i need more compression. so i ordered a stage 4 head with turbo domes (20cc). I dont really want to port and all that fancy stuff yet i want to keep it simple.. Hope this helps....

2003 banshee

toomey tr6's

k-n filter kit

a/c grab and push bars

And soon a trinity stage 4 head 20cc turbo domes

pipes make a HUGE difference. Get a good filter set up first though, like the pro design if you want to keep your stock air box or the Toomey air filter system, after that up the compression by either milling your stock head or by getting a cool head. The order I would do things is;

1. Air filter

2. pipes

3. better rear tires

4. cool head/milled head

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on what type of riding you do. Do some research before you just buy any set of pipes. You'll see big gains w/ any pipe, but select the one that suits your riding needs. Get a good filter setup like the K&N w/ the flange, get a cool head or have the stock head rechambered for higher compression. If you run knobby tires, then shorten the swingarm about 2". Do some research on this forum and you'll find all the info you need. The only 250R that comes close to me is the 370R...

I also just bougth a '04 shee. it was fast, but not enough! so i got hooked up w/ some mods from the dealership. after the mods it sure made a big difference :twisted: it is freakin scary to ride now :o break it in real good & get some good mods. youll love your shee after that!!!

jose~~

My stock banshee sucked also but now I have DMC aliend 2:1,uni filter w/ no air box, 4 degree timing advance, V-force reeds, and vitos jet kit , all for a total of

$775.00 and I can kick ass when racing. I knew I wanted pipes with all low to mid

power and when I got DMC's I got it. I jump off the line faster than anyone else

with pipes and then the reeds help me out through mid. So after I jump the line

starting in 2nd gear, they just can't catch up. If interested in these pipes check out

gopartsdirect.com and for the reeds check them out on ebay. They always have new sets on there for about 180 - 190.00 compared to a reg. 220 plus shipping.

GET PIPES. Just look at the stock one, they're chokin' the motor a lot. Also, stock filters suck, either get clamp on k+n's , or the pro flo steup with a K+N. It'll make a huge difference. I have the pro circuit pipes, and they are awesome top end, but they have no low end. Try the DMC 2 into 1's, I rode one banshee with those and the thing ripped!! :blink: