Suggestions On Getting This Shit Out?

On the contrary, today I pulled the jugs, mic'd them, took them to the machine shop for a real good inspection. They turned out fine, Went to the Yamaha shop, picked up a set of rings, re ringed it. Split the case and took the crank to the machine shop as well. It is all within specs, diesel flushed both cases. Then I put it back together and everything is fine....except I cracked an intake boot putting it back together. So now I have an air leak, which I am headed to Motorcycle Salvage tomorrow to scavenge one, and then it will be all set! I WAS going to half ass it, but I decided it will only take me a few hours of dicking around to get it right. So I got it right.

Well good....... your learning. :clap:

Now the next time you see a big mud pit, just don't go all "Sub Commander" on the thing and you'll be fine. :jesterlaugh:

Lol, that is awesome.... So you are in a situation here.

If it were mine I would quickly tear it down, clean everything real nice. and slap it back together. If you didnt run it for a long time after this clay water ordeal I would think youd be ok...

In theory you are screwed, but hell these motors can take a lot. Give it a shot and hammer down.

I love it!!...kill it, rebuild, then kill it again....maybe u can use the mud in there to nikasil the cylinders,,,that way u never need a bore again :headbang:

but seriously..u might wanna consider an airbox cause them mudholes are pretty dam tempting...5 bucks says he goes back in the exact same mudhole again lol