Suggestions On Getting This Shit Out?

are you serious? tear it down.... have the cylinders bored, replace pistons, seals etc. as much as it looks like it sucked in it's pretty much toast or will be in a very short amount of time. buy a damn grizzly if you want a mud buggy.

are you serious? tear it down.... have the cylinders bored, replace pistons, seals etc. as much as it looks like it sucked in it's pretty much toast or will be in a very short amount of time. buy a damn grizzly if you want a mud buggy.

That would be what I do, but since I just bought a brand new Yammie 450, and had it stolen in less than a week, I am a little tight on cash. So I will probably flush it somehow, wait for it to grenade, then send it off to Passion and do a 4 mil. I am just looking for my best cheapskate option right at the moment.

WOW!!! U wanna take the cheapskate route?? Dont ride it anymore!! Thats the worst i have seen.. I would at least pull it apart to inspect / clean it

With it being tore down that much, you think I am riding it?..... No, I just started tearing it down, I will probably pull the cylinders off and re hone them if they are in good shape. Then flush the case with diesel.

20cc domes + 22cc of water = bent rod

276934_136853959749581_197180108_n.jpg

It didn't seem like any water got to the top of the pistons, I pulled the plugs and nothing came out of the head. As soon as I got into the mud, it died. I assume from clogging my air filters and carbs. HOWEVER, I am not a Dr. and I won't know for certain until tomorrow when I rip it all apart. Any ways, if it is fucked, it is a perfect excuse to send it off to Jim at Passion and then build a 4mil.

20cc domes + 22cc of water = bent rod

276934_136853959749581_197180108_n.jpg

I'm quoting that just so its up again. But yeah, your saying you're tight on cash, so you'll really destroy it so the whole motor goes then you're really in a hole. Just tear it completely apart, inspect the cylinders, of you have to question it, its probably fucked.

ive hit plenty of mud i usually just clean the filters and carbs and run it dont know if its ever been that bad but my shees gone places one should go,

80' Long clay pit?... It was my own fault, and I knew that it would happen. But I didn't care at the time.

That would be what I do, but since I just bought a brand new Yammie 450, and had it stolen in less than a week, I am a little tight on cash. So I will probably flush it somehow, wait for it to grenade, then send it off to Passion and do a 4 mil. I am just looking for my best cheapskate option right at the moment.

:whoa: So it sounds like your going to follow up ONE "lapse in judgement" with a SERIES of them. :rolleyes:

It would be a quick tear down to get the motor stripped of the top end and then flush the bottom end with cans of brake cleaner. Then a simple hone and fresh rings at the least. Maybe a new set of pistons.

But if you would rather pull the motor and do a 1/2 assed job at a cleaning....then end up blowing the whole thing....it's your machine. :shrugani:

Who knows...if it frags hard enough, you might even end up having to get some new cases with that new 4 mill build. :o

Is that a piece of stone sitting in your intake? :unsure: How the heck does THAT get there?

:whoa: So it sounds like your going to follow up ONE "lapse in judgement" with a SERIES of them. :rolleyes:

It would be a quick tear down to get the motor stripped of the top end and then flush the bottom end with cans of brake cleaner. Then a simple hone and fresh rings at the least. Maybe a new set of pistons.

But if you would rather pull the motor and do a 1/2 assed job at a cleaning....then end up blowing the whole thing....it's your machine. :shrugani:

Who knows...if it frags hard enough, you might even end up having to get some new cases with that new 4 mill build. :o

Is that a piece of stone sitting in your intake? :unsure: How the heck does THAT get there?

On the contrary, today I pulled the jugs, mic'd them, took them to the machine shop for a real good inspection. They turned out fine, Went to the Yamaha shop, picked up a set of rings, re ringed it. Split the case and took the crank to the machine shop as well. It is all within specs, diesel flushed both cases. Then I put it back together and everything is fine....except I cracked an intake boot putting it back together. So now I have an air leak, which I am headed to Motorcycle Salvage tomorrow to scavenge one, and then it will be all set! I WAS going to half ass it, but I decided it will only take me a few hours of dicking around to get it right. So I got it right.