My review: CPI vs. Sniper inframe

87sheerips

How is the spark plug access with the snipers on there? The CPI'S suck for changing plugs looks like the snipers are a little better but maybe not a whole lot.

People can say what they want about seat of the pants testing vs track times vs dyno runs. I think the dyno runs would show the more accurate comparison by removing a lot of other factors such as rider weight, ability etc. But it does essentially come down to what the riders experience with the product is. I do completely disagree with the appearance comment though. I think CPIs look better ( not that the snipers don't look good). But you are right in stating that that it is hard to justify ditching the cpis and coughing up the extra cash when the CPIs are still great pipes. I think these pipes would have a lot more people using them if they were comparably priced to CPI and Shearers. I sure as shizzle am not about to drop that kind money down on a set of pipes when CPIs are perfect for my riding. If I could get my hands on a new set in that $550 range, I would slap em on my machine for sure and give em a try. I think for these pipes to really go anywhere the price needs to be adjusted. I do not doubt that the pipes are good, I am just not convinced yet that they are great. Everyone just wants to see what the real deal is with these things, thanks for the honest opinions and comparison JD

People can say what they want about seat of the pants testing vs track times vs dyno runs. I think the dyno runs would show the more accurate comparison by removing a lot of other factors such as rider weight, ability etc. But it does essentially come down to what the riders experience with the product is. I do completely disagree with the appearance comment though. I think CPIs look better ( not that the snipers don't look good). But you are right in stating that that it is hard to justify ditching the cpis and coughing up the extra cash when the CPIs are still great pipes. I think these pipes would have a lot more people using them if they were comparably priced to CPI and Shearers. I sure as shizzle am not about to drop that kind money down on a set of pipes when CPIs are perfect for my riding. If I could get my hands on a new set in that $550 range, I would slap em on my machine for sure and give em a try. I think for these pipes to really go anywhere the price needs to be adjusted. I do not doubt that the pipes are good, I am just not convinced yet that they are great. Everyone just wants to see what the real deal is with these things, thanks for the honest opinions and comparison JD

There is no doubt that numbers dont lie and people need that information to make a decision. Personally, I dont really care...It's ll about my experience and the ride I have with them, as you stated. These may not even make as much "peak HP" as the CPI but I wouldnt know or care because the power delivery is more explosive and longer...

I will be keeping my CPI's because just like yourself they work perfect for my riding style. Yes, If I could get my hands on a set of chrome snipers for a good deal ($450 or so), I would jump on them just to try something different and shake things up a bit... It gets boring running "run of the mill" pipes for years on end no matter if they work well or not lol.

I will be riding them throughout the weekend so I will report back with any more info that I have. Also I will post up some video so you can hear them.... They really sound insane.

-JD

The silencers look cock eyed in the pictures. Are they designed that way?

no, no, no, no as you can read in the first post I had to make them fit with my center mount brackets.... They are crooked because of me. But, pretty cool you can make them center mount with no cutting/welding..

Hey JD, were your cylinders ported for use with CPI's, or are they RB Racing's Dune Port?

RB dune port. I have run FMF, T5, and had best luck with the CPI.... And now the Sniper seems to work very well with it too. I have had this RB motor for like 6 years, I love it.

Nice...

I'm so surprised they perform so well on your 361cc Dune Port motor.

I thought they were designed around the 421cc Cub motors.

Another guy has a 385cc 4 mil stk cyl asphalt dragger and he had awesome reviews too.

Now if they just didn't cost so damn much...

Well I'll keep everyone posted, looks like the pipes are coming to me next!

I have a 4mil passion motor, started with cpis which I ran for 2-3 years and was very pleased with them!

When Jim originally built my motor he told me it would run best with a set of Shearers but cpis are what I had at the time so I stuck with them!

Recently switched to some Shearers, bikes runs GREAT with them, no denying that but they fit like garbage!

I will start a new review once I bolt the pipes up and get some time on them

Joe