m&m or vitos

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vitos wouildnt stand behind their failures I know of. Admittedly they did stand behind one that I know of that failed 2 days after it was bought but who the hell wants a crank failure right after you put it in. Andy at M/M which is now No Limit Powersports builds and trues his cranks himself. NO CONTEST.

Isn't MM one of the dudes selling the Wang cranks?

Joe

No. Andy is is working on his own cranks.

Vitos wouildnt stand behind their failures I know of. Admittedly they did stand behind one that I know of that failed 2 days after it was bought but who the hell wants a crank failure right after you put it in. Andy at M/M which is now No Limit Powersports builds and trues his cranks himself. NO CONTEST.

They did stand behind the 10mm one that I bought from them for the 10 Cub I sold to Ryan, but if I hadn't name dropped BansheeHQ it's possible they might not have..

This is a direct quote from Andy in another crank thread..

Let me set a few things straight with people of concern on "MY CRANKS" as i will not speak for other peoples products just what i sell. Which I have done before but let me do it again.

Let me start off by saying that the gold rod with the circle K on it is manufactured by King Rod out of Taiwan. I will have to dig up the metallurgist lab from all of the rod testing that we done. The gold rod was something like a 6170 material that is extremely hard with little to no yield (yield is the ability of the metal to flex or bend and return). The hot rod rod is a 4135 metal which has a lower tensile strength but a way higher yield. We also tested to other manufacturer rods including the one we currently use which is not the gold rod.

The number 1 reasons cranks fail is detonation. That's not to say that you cant just have a rod failure because you can. When a rod has the ability to flex we have a little more forgiving rod when we do detonate a motor.

For anyone that says that "american made Hot Rod" is the only crank that will not fail, you sir my friend are ignorant. I can show you any type of failure that you want to see in a hot rod crank. To the person that says thinks that Hot Rod cranks are american made...ehhhh no sir they are imported just like the rest in fact is says made in Taiwan right on the box. As far as i know there are no american forgeries that produce a banshee crank.

Now for a little history lesson on what i use and why i use it. We did not start selling any products until we had thoroughly tested them. I ran the cranks i sell in my bikes for over a year. Started getting in parts assembling cranks and selling them. We had a couple of failures with the gold rods where we didn't think we should have had. Being concerned we took the motors down that we had the cranks in to check them out and the rods were different. At that point we stopped selling the gold rods did all of our testing chose a new rod and the rest is history.

We dont have a bike in my shop that makes under 100hp and all with the exception of my 18dm run my cranks and we have not had a failure in going on 3 years now. We even have 1 of our 10mm cranks in a 10mm dm that makes 134hp to the wheels for over 2 years now with no failures yet and thats running a big heavy 78mm piston.

If any body has any concerns fill free to give us a call.

Andy

if you call wicked he will say that those other places sells those cheap crank...and he said he knows the guys that there buying them from for around $150

i hate to say it but some of these guys are bad mouthing each other...m&m is one of them he mention as selling those junk cranks...for big bucks....too !

Edited by stroking

if you call wicked he will say that those other places sells those cheap crank...and he said he knows the guys that there buying them from for around $150

i hate to say it but some of these guys are bad mouthing each other...m&m is one of them he mention as selling those junk cranks...for big bucks....too !

What do they sell?

Id say this is surely gonna stir up some shit!!!!

Id say this is surely gonna stir up some shit!!!!

thats kinda why i did not want to say anything but......this cheap crank BS has to stop.

give wicked a call and talk to roger about those cranks and who sells them and where there getting them from .

thats kinda why i did not want to say anything but......this cheap crank BS has to stop.

give wicked a call and talk to roger about those cranks and who sells them and where there getting them from .

And we should all just take Rogers's word for what reason? I guess he has a crystal ball and can see everyone's business practices?

I'm sure he'd love to know that you're on BansheeHQ telling everyone he's talking about all the builders behind their backs.