hot rods cranks...junk...

mike0chek

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hot Rod Cranks are Cranks. Bearings are separate. Boy wouldn't that be a fuckin hell of a deal though.

Yep what he said. $450 for extra weld only.

I bought my crank used from jeff, It is a hot rods crank with max load, and tz bearings for $320 bucks or so. It was a low hr, customer went bigger deal.

Edited by jbooker82

so your completely wrong and im the dickhead, ok keep trolling.

I was fooled by the picture. But yea, enjoy the wang crank fool. Serves ya right buddy.

And pay the money to go premium so you can change your wrong Thread title cheapo. Mr. I thought it was a hot rods cuz thats what was in the picture. yelrotflmao.gif. Where the hell do you people come from

• 2 weeks later...

To the OP- I dont blame you for being pissed about whatever caused the failure in your engine but you should have not skimped on having it assembled by a reputable engine builder. I have been running a hotrods 4mil crank (110MM) in my dune/drag ported engine since 2006 and it was built by a local reputable engine builder who's slogan is "dependable horsepower". Just like my engine builder, I'm sure Kevin @ HJR has his own proven ways on how to properly assemble his motors with parts he has experience with, next time flip the extra cash and let him assemble it that way there is one less variable to the equation if there is ever a problem & hope that they stand behind the products they sell and install.

Damn give this guy a break. Maybe he doesn't know what brand a crank is just by looking at it but that doesn't make him a fool. I don't know jack about computers but if I dropped 3k on one I'd hope it came with quality parts.

dont worry about it dude buddy is a douche lol

and the most recent post here, i here what your saying and will not argue any of your points, but im confident in my work and ill be assembling the new motor again, theres been several new threads about these rod breaking/bending since mine so i still feel that the rods are to blame. kevin at HJR has asked me to send the crank in to him because the maker wants to look over it and do some tests. he said no other customers would send their broken cranks in so it looks bad on the customer. i sent it out last week so he should get it any day now, i will let you guys know the outcome.

in defense to the OP.. its not like he said give me a cheap crank.. He bought a package from a builder.. Not everyone in this scene is a pro builder and can tell what brand a part it is simply from looking at it.. We've been around this for 20+yrs.. if you were to ask me how to jet at carb on year one.. I would have told you "whats a jet?" People are here to learn..

I think some people need to learn to try and be helpful rather then degrading...

Dont worry about douche ass posts from some members on here

Anyone know the going rate for a crank assembly through the sponsors?

it depends on what options you want and how much you want to spend. I dont want to throw out numbers for sponsors.. I would say call them and find out what they're offering for their price. Ask questions and try to get informed on what your getting. Keep this thread in mind.

Dont worry about douche ass posts from some members on here

Anyone know the going rate for a crank assembly through the sponsors?

i see hjr had a crank blowout sale for 4mil's i think for $370, wouldn't be suprised if it had the junk rods but it does not say on the site. f.a.s.t i think sells 4mil hot rods for 425? i would check their sites to make sure tho

in defense to the OP.. its not like he said give me a cheap crank.. He bought a package from a builder.. Not everyone in this scene is a pro builder and can tell what brand a part it is simply from looking at it.. We've been around this for 20+yrs.. if you were to ask me how to jet at carb on year one.. I would have told you "whats a jet?" People are here to learn..

I think some people need to learn to try and be helpful rather then degrading...

and thats my main problem with what happened it that i bought a "100hp" kit all in a package, i did not ask for a cheap way of going about it. i assumed that the kit would come with a crank thats capable of handling the power. but im done with the pissing matches and am waiting to hear from hjr.