Dm cylinders vs Twister Cylinder

The Prince

The DM is a cast aluminum cylinder with a nicasil sleeve. The Twister cylinder is a billet aluminum cylinder with steel sleeves. Both can perform amazingly well. Its all about personal preference. Both come in similar bore sizes. I believe the DM cylinder has bigger surface area on the intakes than the twister cylinder. Twister cylinders can be machined to accept a powervalve (as you can see in my pic). Both cylinders require quite a bit of case modification. The twister cylinders have a better coolant flow through the block IMO.

Here's a big-bore twister cylinder I used to have:

DSCF6112.jpg

Here's a DM cylinder:

yam_banshee_611cc_DMcheetahkit.jpg

I have multiple cast cylinders and the threads are not that great. I would assume the quality of the billet would be better but cant be sure. The main argument was nikasil vs. Steel sleeve when they first came out. Having had cast cyl welded and replated i'm not to sure they are any cheaper than getting new sleeves pressed in. Cast cylinders are easier to come by but dont think you can just buy parts and build one yourself without going through a builder if its more than a cub. Run what you builder recomends because he is the one thats going to help you out when you f it up

DM is a far better platform to start with for a full tilt comp drag engine...It will however need extensive workover for the real deal...Jim

I like the twister product better. The craftsmanship and finish on the billet cylinders is second to none. I've had lots of cubs and so far about 4 or 5 different twister setups across my bench and I love the twister cylinders. Right now I have two CP Industries cylinders, a 485 cheetah and a 465 cub. Both a a good cylinder and run good, but I sitll prefer the Twister stuff when I can get it. I might try and sell my 485 cheetah top end for a set of twister cylinders....

-Jared

• Like 1