WHAT CAUSE THIS

stroking

Clutchs keep breaking.....only the ones closest to the motor,the ones close to pressure plate does not do this....has happen with 3 different type of clutches

billet basket...steel plates still look new

IMAG0379.jpg

Are you running asphalt? this always happend to me when i first started clutch tuning.. its mostly caused by tire shake or a spin then hard hook condition.

the fix or one of them is in one of my post in the lock out tuning thread.. if you cant find it pm me..

Chris

WheelmanChassis

you sure your pressure plate isn't warped?

maybe over tightening of the pressure plate as well.

had this happen on my old zilla, i had over tighten the plate, broke the first two fibers.

please explain how a warped plate or a grooved basket cause proken fibers?

Want some broken steels to accompany those fibers? lol...

Been there done that. We run asphalt - It's caused by clutch chatter

You can usually feel what seems like the chain jumping the rear sprocket.

Want some broken steels to accompany those fibers? lol...

Been there done that. We run asphalt - It's caused by clutch chatter

You can usually feel what seems like the chain jumping the rear sprocket.

that my opinion also.. glad im not crazy....lol

chris

There are a number of factors (sometimes a combination) that can cause chatter.

When do you feel it? Mine was most violent at the 1-2 shift. Some days I can still get a little shutter depending on track condition/launch & shift RPM etc.

Running on asphalt I assume you use a lockup?

Do you use cork based fibers?

Without getting into a big drawn out post my best advice would be to increase both primary spring pressure and lockup arm weight to stop the chatter then work back to find the combination that works for your setup. If you want to try one change I'd add primary pressure first.....

*Once you get a handle on it and only in a pinch - If you have a little suprise chatter develop out of the blue a splash of GM limited slip additive can help tame it.

Clutchs keep breaking.....only the ones closest to the motor,the ones close to pressure plate does not do this....has happen with 3 different type of clutches

billet basket...steel plates still look new

Seems like you keep bringing this old topic up. You asked it a while ago on another site. You didn't like the answers you got from Tedder & I.

Your clutch tune-up is not happy. There are many fixes to the chatter, but you don't want to listen.

You don't need to ask anyone anything. According to your times you were running in the past. You have the worlds fastest Banshee running low 5's & with sub 1.20 60's. You need to be sharing some of your clutch secrets with us.