clutch adjustment

ok put a new clutch perch on my shee, and i have no play in the lever and cant adjust it out on the perch... is there an adjuster on the basket i know there is a bolt/screw in it if that makes any adjustment please let me know what i need to do...THANKS

ok put a new clutch perch on my shee, and i have no play in the lever and cant adjust it out on the perch... is there an adjuster on the basket i know there is a bolt/screw in it if that makes any adjustment please let me know what i need to do...THANKS

There is a point on the arm that your clutch cable connects to on the bottom end of the cable. That point and the small arrow point on your engine case should be lined up when the clutch begins to disengage. The adjustment on your clutch basket is used to align these to prevent the ball and rod that operates your clutch basket from seizing themselves together. Once that adjustment is set then you can adjust your cable. if you cant get any more adjustment you might just need some new clutch plates.

I just installed a clutch for my bike...Here is a link that helped me out

http://www.toomey.com/html/clutch.htm