Im new and i dont know what to do lol

lilney78

Whats up guys im brand new to the forum and i just got my first banshee. i got it off of my buddy, i traded him for an rc car lol. It has a title and its a 100% legit i just got done re ringing the motor new o rings for the cool head, gaskets the usual. rebuilt the carbs and now im dealing with the pipes. He left the sit in his back yard for about 5 years and now they are covered in rust and in the elbows of the pipes they are really pitted. My plan is to do the quad to where its mint. i have always wanted a banshee my 250 quadracer is my beater lol but the banshee i want stay simple but go with a very clean look. and the pipes are going to be a total eye sore. ive tried steel wool, sos pads, rubbing compound, scotch bright pads, 600/ 800 grit sand paper and a couple different polishes. I dont know what other options i have left to get the shine back. i really didnt want to paint them but im almost at my breaking point lol. please guys any suggestions would be awesome. banghead toomeys are going to be the death of me

I tried high temp paint and it was fine besides the fact mud would hit pipes and stain them...I powder coatem them with high temp powder and they have been five since...I would definitely go powder...worth the money