Best chain in sand

Zbadboy

I ride in the sand always and just changed swing arm so I need some opinions on good to best chain for use in sand. I want one that will last and hopefully won't be impacted and bind up in the sand. What style(o-ring, etc) and brand would you suggest? Thanks in advance for your advise...

I ride in the sand always and just changed swing arm so I need some opinions on good to best chain for use in sand. I want one that will last and hopefully won't be impacted and bind up in the sand. What style(o-ring, etc) and brand would you suggest? Thanks in advance for your advise...

I got this one. I am in the process of putting it on along with my new +2 Swing arm. So No review from me yet but taking it out of the box it looks heavy duty and nice. I think I paid close to $90.00 for it.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/222/958/-/3591/RK-520EXW-Gold-XW-RING-Chain

on a recommendation from one of our member's Jayzx750. This is what he said to me, I quote

"I work in the Industrial Power Transmission business and I sell DID (Daido) industrial chain. If their Dirt Bike and ATV chain is half as good as their industrial roller chain you should be in great shape. Daido knows their sh.t when it comes to chain. You shouldn't be disappointed with DID chain at all. That being said, O-Ring chain while it does create more friction than non O-ring chain it also protects the rollers and the pins in the chain from outside crap (sand,Dirt etc) I would pay a little more for the 520ATV that DID sells."

Thank you, I would really like to hear what you think after you take it out for a spin. I put a d.i.d chain on my street bike back in the day and had no problems with it but that was on the street. Thanks very much for the information.

Thank you, I would really like to hear what you think after you take it out for a spin. I put a d.i.d chain on my street bike back in the day and had no problems with it but that was on the street. Thanks very much for the information.

Will give you feedback but it's going to be a few day's. Lone Star didn't send me everything they where suppose to. So my Bike is on a stand waiting on parts.

i have tried just about all of them the regina gold x o or z ring chains r the best hands down last the longest stretch the least not constantly adjusting chain. guess you get what you pay for here on out i will only buy them. non oring chains were the worst for me lasted maybe 10 rides. cheap ebay colored chains has never stopped stretching blew master off and busted my cases. i wasnt happy with the ek xring i had. regina gold all the way!!

i have tried just about all of them the regina gold x o or z ring chains r the best hands down last the longest stretch the least not constantly adjusting chain. guess you get what you pay for here on out i will only buy them. non oring chains were the worst for me lasted maybe 10 rides. cheap ebay colored chains has never stopped stretching blew master off and busted my cases. i wasnt happy with the ek xring i had. regina gold all the way!!

X2

the rubber rings on the xring chains can dry rott, seen it happen on a rk 520 exw. at that point theres significant drag and its like your towing a boat anchor. maybe they still need lube ? hek i dont know. personally i use the DID non oring 520nz. been holding up good on 500cc+ singles. seen the primary drive stuff from rockymountain, look like garbage to me

i keep hearing the wd40 thing about the orings but the only maintenance my oring chain gets is a quick spray of wd40 or PB garage door lube after i wash it to keep rust away. bike sees 90/10 sand/dirt. chain is like 3 years old if not 4 and ill probably replace it just for the hell of it this winter.