insalled noss cool head

twoody

need a little help, i just installed a noss cool head w/ 19cc domes. now when i start the shee, it revs high. it does not rev higher and higher, it revs high and stays there. my mods are bored .040 over, pc pipes, +4 timing, elevation is about 800 ft above sea level. I pulled head back off and checked placement of all o-rings and all where in place. any thoughts as to why now i rev high?

need a little help, i just installed a noss cool head w/ 19cc domes. now when i start the shee, it revs high. it does not rev higher and higher, it revs high and stays there. my mods are bored .040 over, pc pipes, +4 timing, elevation is about 800 ft above sea level. I pulled head back off and checked placement of all o-rings and all where in place. any thoughts as to why now i rev high?

Vacuum leak?

little tip.. use some grease on the orings.. you dont need much.. all i do is put some grease on thumb a pointer fingers and then run the oring through my fingers. this will make the oring tacky and you can keep them in place with easy! you probally pinched an oring if its leaking.

can someone tell me when changing your compression how does the shee run if your running the wrong size domes and octane? i believe i saw on here also that you do not have to make any adjustments to the carbs when installing a noss head, right?

can someone tell me when changing your compression how does the shee run if your running the wrong size domes and octane? i believe i saw on here also that you do not have to make any adjustments to the carbs when installing a noss head, right?

It would run like trash id think since youd have serious detonation issues.

It would sound like an empty paint can with the ball vearing rattling around when it detonates.

thanks everyone for there help and input. I did talk to dave noss and he also gave me somethings to look at. my throttle cable wasn't hanging up but i did find my slides where not closing all the way. what does not make sense is i ran the slides where they were for 4 yrs w/ stock head no problems. put the noss head on and had to lower slides all the way down. runs great now!!!!! awesome site tyler and great people on here.

thanks everyone for there help and input. I did talk to dave noss and he also gave me somethings to look at. my throttle cable wasn't hanging up but i did find my slides where not closing all the way. what does not make sense is i ran the slides where they were for 4 yrs w/ stock head no problems. put the noss head on and had to lower slides all the way down. runs great now!!!!! awesome site tyler and great people on here.

The slides strike again !

Glad you got it fixed :cheers::headbang:

You may be posting next week with TORS issues. To be honest, you did something to the cable system that is still not corrected and when it finally corrects itself, adjustments will be off. You basically had two separate issues, head stud leak and throttle cable issue. It is common to see the Y or splitter issue on the cable. Once you wiggle and seat them back correctly, the slide issue will solve itself.

well i don't have tors so will not be posting about them, but when i can i will definately check things out on the throttle cable. someone had told me also that because i changed compression, that maybe the reason for the adjustment.