engine making a hissing sound?

Ok so I run wide open up a hill the have to stop on hill I hear a hissing sound like a air leak from a air hose. it only does it for 2 sec then stops ?

I checked the over flow and rad it is not using any water and is not hot at all.

if my crank seal on the right side went in therory it could pressurize the engine and come out somewhere I have no oil in the hose from the vent thou

I am going to pull all the lines off to see it there clogged etc and I want to pull the side cover off anyway to put a billet basket in it still the stock one :(

anyway I'm wondering if anyone can chime in here and give me some other things to look for. sunday was the first time it ever did it toward the end of day ??? hope I did not destroy it?

thanks Mike

Check your coolant level in the radiator. Just because you're coolant bottle doesn't have any fluid in it doesn't mean you can't be low. Toss the stupid coolant bottle in the trash when you are done, they don't do jack shit....

as I stated in 1st post I did check the radiator just to make sure it was full and the engine really was not hot enough to puke coolant

well I made up a leakdown tester last night and found my airleak :( looks like a small pc of the base gasket is missing or leaking ... so atleast I caught it before I blew up !!!!

so it looks like I will be pulling the top end off to see the damage..!!!

thanks for the replies

Throw up some photos of the carnage....we always like that.

Hope you didn't do too much damage to your bike

There is no carnage the only thing wrong was the base gasket wa leaking .