what kit would be best for trails

ok my trials are pretty tight at times..with some pretty decent hilll climbs,, but i also have some that are long and straight.... what would be the better kit to get more low end power...but still wind out pretty high...

my options are:

option 1) just my standard motor, stock crank, 65mm bore stock or milled head

option 2)the Athena 392 big bore kit stock crank

option 3) http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-YFZ350-STK-LONG-ROD-CRANK-WISECO-PISTONS-/140587353571?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bba8c5e3&vxp=mtr

again this would be a 65mm bore stock cylinders

pipes will be either dmc 916, fmf fattys, or older fmf gold series

my cylinders no are completely virgin (but need bore) no porting.... will be running stock carbs.

Of what you mentioned I'd go #1....but:

4th option...If you wanted the best bang for your buck.

Speak with some of the site sponsers and tell them what you want and just have a nice port job done.

5th option....What I'm going to do.

Go ahead and go 4mil with ported stock cyls.

Edited by Hellacious

ok my trials are pretty tight at times..with some pretty decent hilll climbs,, but i also have some that are long and straight.... what would be the better kit to get more low end power...but still wind out pretty high...

my options are:

option 1) just my standard motor, stock crank, 65mm bore stock or milled head

option 2)the Athena 392 big bore kit stock crank

option 3) http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-YFZ350-STK-LONG-ROD-CRANK-WISECO-PISTONS-/140587353571?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bba8c5e3&vxp=mtr

again this would be a 65mm bore stock cylinders

pipes will be either dmc 916, fmf fattys, or older fmf gold series

my cylinders no are completely virgin (but need bore) no porting.... will be running stock carbs.

dont listen to any of these retards for trail i would recomend a 14dmx with oofs and a -4 swingarm.

Get a 4 stroke for trails or a little blaster like I did I love my blaster for trails, it's great on fuel I have vitos strocker crank with hot rods connecting arm +3,aggressive trail port,the head has been modded,33mm carb,uni filter,procircuit pipe it is barely even heard it pretty quiet unless you really get on it also have a +3 swinger incase I wanna climb a bit with it btw I paid 400 for it the way it looks in the pic.

If your keeping the stock head and crank, I figure budget is the prime factor.

With that in mind, your best bang for the buck is to put a set of Vito's "super stock" pistons in the motor with a set of FMF fatty pipes. You can see an example of what that can do if you look in the dyno section under "Random dyno runs" (it's bumped to the top for ya) I know those dyno runs have some things you don't, but it shows you what you can grow into as you get more money down the road.

It gives you a cheap easy map to power. We've used it on a few bikes and done dyno testing to confirm. Hope that helps. :cheers: