case sealer?

ok i have worked on several banshee top ends.. but i split my first set of cases yesterday to change crank seals and check crank.... i knew there was no actual gasket for the cases but what is thebest type of sealer to put on the cases... and any tips to get a better seal would be greatly appreciated....thanks

i know some guys like to use rtv. and while thats all fine and dandy, remember that rtv is not fuel resistant. just some food for thought.

X2, you should not use RTV to seal your cases as the fuel will attack it and eventually you will have an air leak. I use Yamabond 4, but you can use sealers by Threebond, permatex, or even Hondabond, which I think is the same as Yamabond but in a Honda package.

X2, you should not use RTV to seal your cases as the fuel will attack it and eventually you will have an air leak. I use Yamabond 4, but you can use sealers by Threebond, permatex, or even Hondabond, which I think is the same as Yamabond but in a Honda package.

X3 never use RTV in an application where it will be in contact with a fuel mixture. I like Yamabond myself. I also won't go to the local shop here. But there are more places than that to get it. Order it online or from a site sponsor.

SP

Only thing I would add to the above is Permatex Aviation Form a Gasket. It is designed to work in oil and gas applications. I have used this many times in dealing snowmobile cases and the banshees. Stuff is great! Pick it up at any Napa for 5 bucks.

Hope that helps

Not sure how true it is because I have never used it but I heard RTV is too thick and will not let the bearings seat properly

That makes absolutely no difference if the RTV deteriorates from the fuel and causes an air leak. The seating arrangement of your bearsings means nothing at that point. However, regardless of how thick RTV is pressure will thin it out.

Epic fail non the less.

SP

That makes absolutely no difference if the RTV deteriorates from the fuel and causes an air leak. The seating arrangement of your bearsings means nothing at that point. However, regardless of how thick RTV is pressure will thin it out.

Epic fail non the less.

SP

True... I missed the original point. i actually just helped a friend split a case were they used a reg rtv that caused an air leak on the right cyl. Ive used the Hondabond, little easier to use than yamis