My plug chop

Did my first plug chop today on the new Dune/Play port from FAST.

DMC 916 pipes, proflow with k&n no lid, 20cc domes

330 main, 27.5 pilot, Dynojet Needles 3rd from top out of 6 positions.

Think I need to go up 1 on the pilot, have a bog off idle. The air screws don't have any effect until i go less then 1 turn in.

At 1.5 the idle picks up slightly and doesn't get any higher the further you go out.

The jet spec's that DMC calls out is a 30 pilot on a bone stock bike I assume, now I'm ported.

What does every one think.

Any pointers here are appreciated.

Thanks BHQ

post-40306-0-59883000-1330916475_thumb.jpg

Haha its funny that im even gonna try to give you any pointer because im currently seeking a little guidence myself with my completly new set up.. But anyway last year i ran a stock stroke dune/play port with boost ports also done by Fast! That set up i had dialed in! I had 350 mains-27.5 pilots and the toomey needles( cant remember whant clip.. Think it was 2nd from bottom).. But i now that the toomey needles help me out huge. I aslo ran t5 vforce 3 and timing at +4. I would definetly try the toomey needles.. Made me a believer with stock carbs!! Hope this helps!!

Those plugs are FAT.( RICH) YOu want a light light tan color. NOw when tuning your main jets, put in a new set up plugs (GAPPED at .025-.030 on a semi stock engine). DO 4 or 5 WOT sessions. Run through the gears, hold it pinned the entire time, Once your topped out. Pull the clutch in and shut it down. THen check your plugs. IF i were you id drop your mains 2 sizes. See how it looks. When playing with your needles and pilots. GO fairly big swings. and see if it gets better. If you think u need a bigger pilot, go 5 sizes bigger. Same with the needles, go accouple clip's bigger or smaller. See if it clears up. or gets worse. Its hard to tell if u go 1 setting at a time.

you are a bit rich on the main id maybe drop one size and see what it looks like, glad the 30p worked for you, i was running my jetting almost the same as you with about the same motor but i ran a 310 main and needle on middle clip.

I have dynojet needles with 6 clip positions. They where in the bike when i bought it.

Its in the lo to mid 40's here now. Summer is like hi 80's to 90, with lots of humidity.

yeah I'm sure ill be playing with the mains again.

I agree almost 100% with Evil. Main is rich by 2 sizes or better, pilot could probably go 2 or 3 larger. Dont forget to do a 1/2 throttle chop too to check your needle setting. I like to make the needle look just a little richer than the main chop. I hate riding bikes that are way fat on the needle. Very good job on not being lazy and actually tuning your bike correctly.

I agree almost 100% with Evil. Main is rich by 2 sizes or better, pilot could probably go 2 or 3 larger. Dont forget to do a 1/2 throttle chop too to check your needle setting. I like to make the needle look just a little richer than the main chop. I hate riding bikes that are way fat on the needle. Very good job on not being lazy and actually tuning your bike correctly.

2 or 3 sizes on the pilot doesn't sound right to me.

Your saying go up to a 32.5 or 35 pilot?

I have never even heard any one on bhq say they needed a 32.5 or 35 pilot on a stock stroke FAST dune/play port.

2 or 3 sizes on the pilot doesn't sound right to me.

Your saying go up to a 32.5 or 35 pilot?

I have never even heard any one on bhq say they needed a 32.5 or 35 pilot on a stock stroke FAST dune/play port.

My 421 has 45 pilot. IF your banshee starts up cold with in 2-3 kicks and runs decent. you pilot is fine.

How thick does the smoke band need to be, 2mm? It looks close to that maybe a little thicker.

I read on another discussion that the band should be about the thickness of a dime.